rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is rare to find them in that kind of pristine shape where I live at anymore. Really nice finds

OP
OP
G

Gomer

Apr 24, 2013
Florida/E. Tenn
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are few Ft. Ancient's from site "10" on Davis Creek, E. Tenn....now a dang nursery...middle row. :)

Attachments

• new1 560.jpg
    new1 560.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 430
OP
OP
G

Gomer

Apr 24, 2013
Florida/E. Tenn
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One more for this evening.....another Dove Tail and also the very first frame of points and the very first point I ever found, a McCorkle (Crazy Man's Place, French Broad River)

Attachments

• first_frame_firstfind.jpg
    first_frame_firstfind.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 270
  • new1 569.jpg
    new1 569.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 273

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a very unique frame, I like it

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to make it that far east but could never get past the Hiwassee. Nice pieces. Strange how the fort ancient style lessens the farther south you go. Lots of good history around the French. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
G

Gomer

Apr 24, 2013
Florida/E. Tenn
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hiwassee is fairly hard to hunt. The best place the island is off limits now days and the lake its self just does not drop low enough. A lil around Mouse creek but sure not much for the effort it takes to get there. :(
Above Charleston great fields that still get plowed but mot folks who own them do not care for artifact hunters....generally speaking...:( I would have liked hunting Old Town just down from Hwy 411 but that's also over. Use to be people from Etowah went there is great numbers. :

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiwassee is fairly hard to hunt. The best place the island is off limits now days and the lake its self just does not drop low enough. A lil around Mouse creek but sure not much for the effort it takes to get there. :(
Above Charleston great fields that still get plowed but mot folks who own them do not care for artifact hunters....generally speaking...:( I would have liked hunting Old Town just down from Hwy 411 but that's also over. Use to be people from Etowah went there is great numbers. :

The island is now a federally protected site. It needed to be protected . It looks like a bomb range. It was the largest upper town later on in the cherokee confederacy but in the scheme of things the cherokee were late comers to the area. There is much private land along the river though with permission given if you have a good accent. I am still after a mouse creek "typed point" for my collection. Robert Overstreet started his hunting in that area as did Archey Lecroy. The area is riddled with hundreds of mounds. Most under water some not. :thumbsup: Thanks again for sharing

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig those Doves... Thanks for the look

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
wow you sure have some beautiful artifacts

what material are those drills made from?
i think i have a point that Tn sent me which looks to be the same material
steve

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Southeast Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
New to Hiwassee area - we live on the river near Ledford Island. It has old history, but I haven't been on it yet. Speaking of Mouse Creek, is north or south better?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread