Preforms and oddities

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Got the bug pretty bad since I've come to this forum. I know I'm going to look a lot harder this year. Two weeks ago before winter came, I got my #3 son to go. We went for about 6 hours to a campsite in a farm field and 2 creeks. The stuff in the top row, came from the field. The second row came from the creek where we found the strange stuff. The third row came from the creek where the grooved axes came from. I'm really hoping to start finding something descent. Going to have to wait a few months now.
bm

PDR_2255.jpg

Upvote 0

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Junkie or not - it's real. I was happy to see you found some - and eventually this place should/will turn up something nice. I'm expecting to see more posts of things found at this place- check those small odd chunks of stone out real well too- I often come home with a pocket full of them but upon closer inspection find many miscellaneous wood working tools, scribers, scrapers, etc..

OP
OP
bean man

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Thats exactly what happened with the thing in the bottom row, second from the right. I thought it was just the right material, but stuck it in my pocket any way. When I got home I noticed that the edge in the half circle cut out on the left side, looked like it had been worked. I don't know if it really is something, but I do think that is very good advice. Thanks again!
bm

A

Atlantis0077

Hey Beanman,

Looks like you hit on a good site. Now that you found a place where there are numerous artifacts you can be a little more liberal with imagination as to what stuff might be. As with real estate ..location, location, location. Good luck and keep looking.

Atlantis

OP
OP
bean man

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Hi Atlantis, actually these are three seperate spots and are the ones I always go to. The campsite is the best I got and is owned by a friend. The top row came from there. The field had'nt been turned so it was'nt very good hunting.I decided I would try something I've seen you talk about, a little digging. I did'nt think it would work but I did as good as I ever do there. I have never found a complete point there yet. The second row came from the creek where the geofacts? came from. I think for much of them, they are geofacts but remain suspicous of some of it mostly because of where there from. These two creeks are near my home and nice stuff has been found in both. It was a major indian area. Thats really not the problem. The stuff is there, I'm just not the one finding it. Other more diligent hunters are. But that might change. If I put to use all the stuff I learn here and put in the time and effort, their going to be looking at my tracks and not finding anything instead of the other way around ;D
bm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread