Job site = Smoker !

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a job site this morning in York County S.C.. Thanks for the look-Sam
100_1212.JPG 100_1206.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Must be nice to hunt while working.

mydogiscool

Jun 2, 2013
Around here workers have told me if they find artifacts while on the job they are mandated to turn them in or be fired, though I'm sure most are slid into the pocket, also a artifact find might delay a project indefinitely , while the state investigates if it's a burial site or something.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Around here workers have told me if they find artifacts while on the job they are mandated to turn them in or be fired, though I'm sure most are slid into the pocket, also a artifact find might delay a project indefinitely , while the state investigates if it's a burial site or something.

This reminds me of something my cousin Jimmy did once, while out of college for the summer. He got a job working in tobacco. He told the migrant workers for every point found he would give a dollar for it. For nicer points he paid a little more. $5.00 was probably tops. The farmer noticed that his crew was dropping armfuls of tobacco to pick up arrowheads. He knew something wasn't right. this was the first crew out of 30 years of farming he had ever seen one of the Mexican helpers pick up a point. He found out Jimmy was buying every piece that was found and paying near their hourly wage for nice finds. Jimmy was fired and the crew of Mexican helpers were sent down the road if they picked up another point. Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread