Columbia river arrowheads I got at a Garage sale today

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought these at a garage sale today. The seller was 7/16 native. He told me they came from the Columbia river.
The little skinny one caught my eye. Is it anything special it is very small only about 1.2 inches long? A couple of the small ones with no tip are quartz and a couple are obsidian.
Arrow heads 007.JPG Arrow heads 001.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are nice. Just asking but how does someone come up with being 7/16's ? I mean who snuck in there and got that 1/16th shot in! Yeah I'm being a butt head. I love that Obsidian.

borlamm1

Jan 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice. Just asking but how does someone come up with being 7/16's ? I mean who snuck in there and got that 1/16th shot in! Yeah I'm being a butt head. I love that Obsidian.

Lol i was was wandering where that 1/16 came from also....hope it was a typo. Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
D

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol i was was wandering where that 1/16 came from also....hope it was a typo. Lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I think that means 7 of his 16 Great Grandparents were Native American 9 were not. He said it was 6 or 7 different tribes but is 1/4 of one of them I had not heard of it before but there are 100s of West Coast tribes. HIs wide had died and he was selling off a lot of stuff, she was more native American then he was. Nice lives a block away from me. Very fair skinned you would not think Native American.

Paid $30 for the points. Hard to see how I could go to wrong at that and I really wanted the tiny ones.

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well and 7/16 is certainly obtainable, .4375%. I would love to see close ups of the other ones.
Good job.
I think that means 7 of his 16 Great Grandparents were Native American 9 were not. He said it was 6 or 7 different tribes but is 1/4 of one of them I had not heard of it before but there are 100s of West Coast tribes. HIs wide had died and he was selling off a lot of stuff, she was more native American then he was. Nice lives a block away from me. Very fair skinned you would not think Native American.

Paid $30 for the points. Hard to see how I could go to wrong at that and I really wanted the tiny ones.

OP
OP
D

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of the columbian do you live on?

I am in the Seattle area so a long way from the Columbia river. I was just told the artifacts came from the Columbia so that is a big area.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I have a buddy who was born in Ireland, and he inevitably gets comments from people along the lines of that. (I'm 1/2 Irish, 4/32nds Irish, etc.) One night, a rather pretty woman heard his accent and said she was half Irish, and he looked down at her chest and asked 'which half?'

Nice points Doc, a couple of them look more like Great Basin points that Columbia River points. (Desert patina vs river patina.)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a buddy who was born in Ireland, and he inevitably gets comments from people along the lines of that. (I'm 1/2 Irish, 4/32nds Irish, etc.) One night, a rather pretty woman heard his accent and said she was half Irish, and he looked down at her chest and asked 'which half?'

Nice points Doc, a couple of them look more like Great Basin points that Columbia River points. (Desert patina vs river patina.)

I have a Norwegian friend that when someone tells him that they are Irish always says ...."so you are only half Norwegian then"....

MohawkJohn

Feb 7, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you scored. big one on top with lots of serrations is worth easily 40-50.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nice artifacts! However, they aren't from the Columbia River area. Those types (Neff, Temporal, etc) are all more common to the southeast Arizona, western New Mexico, west TX / MX area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread