THE TOP 5 in 27 years check it out....it is fierce and terrible COOL!!!!!!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: THE TOP 5 in 27 years check it out....it is fierce and terrible COOL!!!!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

THE TOP 5 in 27 years check it out....it is fierce and terrible COOL!!!!!!!

well this is a childs toy bow we found made from bone....... it broke and we glued it together
    we found one about 20 years ago and it broke into several pcs and we never found all the pieces.....it was only half the size of this one but i still got the pieces
    there was no camera available for an insitu.........but this is one of the top five coolest things ever to come from the great mandan site
    get ready for this....sit down..my friends....it is a childs toy bow
    i have wrapped some waxed linen thread on it to help illustrate its purpose as a toy......now i really think this is a good one.....once in a lifetime

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	834840

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	834841

Name:	IMG_0138.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	834842

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	834843

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	834844

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	834845
    Native Pride -}}}}}------------------------>God Bless you Kelly -}}}}}----------------------> -}}}}}--------------------->
    May your steps be gentle and your eyes be sharp Your flipping stick true and the finds will mark Another season among your friends Preserving Mandan storys from the wind (TnMountains-author)

Dec 2012
    Illinois
    188 times
    Relic Hunting
    I would say once in several lifetimes! Refreshing to see a real quality artifact Steve!!
    larson1951 likes this.
    It is better to burn out than to fade away.

us
    Jun 2009
    Florida & Hong Kong
    2495 times
    Steve, wow! That has to be one of the nicest finds I've seen posted, congrats!
    larson1951 likes this.

us
    the boss

Mar 2008
    south dakota
    good eyes
    4172 times
    Um, surely banner worthy.
    larson1951 likes this.

us
    Apr 2008
    Southern Ohio
    5884 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (4)
    That is an incredible find Steve. Once in a lifetime find I would say and definitely worthy of the Banner.
    larson1951 likes this.
    "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends."

us
    Apr 2013
    Southwest Mississippi
    Garrett, and Whites
    5055 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    You have my vote on a banner find. In my part of the world bone won't last over 200 yrs
    larson1951 likes this.
    If you want to live life on your terms, you need to learn to crash and burn.

May 2012
    5928 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    WOW

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    6029 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Now that is an undeniably an Awesome find! Congratulations!!!
    Just curious, what part of the field did you find it? I knew that one of you was going to find something spectacular after that good rain. Banner for sure!
    larson1951 likes this.

well well i sure appreciate the banner thoughts friends............i cannot be more gratified this is one of the tops that ever came from a great mandan site
    this is an honor to the people that live ive in mandan, ND especially to the best of my best friends,........mr twitko........

you know a story i met a distant relative today from standing rock res in fort yates ND .....his name is jason fool bear or mahto fool bear meaning Twitko.....one of the finest people of my friends.....
    i am now talking about the great friend kelly (Twitko)
    old digger, scepter1 and Charl like this.
    Native Pride -}}}}}------------------------>God Bless you Kelly -}}}}}----------------------> -}}}}}--------------------->
    May your steps be gentle and your eyes be sharp Your flipping stick true and the finds will mark Another season among your friends Preserving Mandan storys from the wind (TnMountains-author)

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    4431 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That's one of those finds that you go back to your artifact room and look at just to relive the moment that it was discovered.
    Got a Banner vote from me!
    larson1951 likes this.

thanks for the banner votes
    if it mkes banner it is for twitko and boss man digger john

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8501 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Holy cow. No doubt about what that is. I have never seen anything like that ever. Not often you get to see the toys of an ancient culture. Congratulations Steve!
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Oct 2008
    Central Great Plains
    509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by larson1951 View Post
    well this is a childs toy bow we found made from bone....... it broke and we glued it together
    we found one about 20 years ago and it broke into several pcs and we never found all the pieces.....it was only half the size of this one but i still got the pieces
    there was no camera available for an insitu.........but this is one of the top five coolest things ever to come from the great mandan site
    get ready for this....sit down..my friends....it is a childs toy bow
    i have wrapped some waxed linen thread on it to help illustrate its purpose as a toy......now i really think this is a good one.....once in a lifetime
    A very nice and very interesting find.

Iíve never seen one before and am wondering how you would
    tell a childís bow from the bow of a bow drill or bow fire drill?

Quote Originally Posted by 11KBP View Post
    A very nice and very interesting find.

I’ve never seen one before and am wondering how you would
    tell a child’s bow from the bow of a bow drill or bow fire drill?

out of the evidence we have these are way too small fire a bow drill or fire starter bow
    the bow drills and fire starter drills were at least twice as big and were made from wood
    it was difficult to photograph....i took about 20 pictures and all the ones that were holding in the hand had to go in the trash......wouldn't focus very good

larson1951
    Tnmountains likes this.

it sure would be a great honor and tribute to john and twitko to get that on the banner

i see 5 people mentioned it but the record only shows 3 votes

to vote banner click on the red 'create banner' icon at the upper right corner of your posts

i hope i am not sounding like i am trying to campaign or beg but help is much appreciated
    rock likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links