THE TOP 5 in 27 years check it out....it is fierce and terrible COOL!!!!!!!

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
well this is a childs toy bow we found made from bone....... it broke and we glued it together
we found one about 20 years ago and it broke into several pcs and we never found all the pieces.....it was only half the size of this one but i still got the pieces
there was no camera available for an insitu.........but this is one of the top five coolest things ever to come from the great mandan site
get ready for this....sit down..my friends....it is a childs toy bow
i have wrapped some waxed linen thread on it to help illustrate its purpose as a toy......now i really think this is a good one.....once in a lifetime

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Upvote 0

IlliniGuy

Dec 8, 2012
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say once in several lifetimes! Refreshing to see a real quality artifact Steve!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is an undeniably an Awesome find! :notworthy: Congratulations!!!
Just curious, what part of the field did you find it? I knew that one of you was going to find something spectacular after that good rain. Banner for sure!

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
well well i sure appreciate the banner thoughts friends............i cannot be more gratified this is one of the tops that ever came from a great mandan site
this is an honor to the people that live ive in mandan, ND especially to the best of my best friends,........mr twitko........

you know a story i met a distant relative today from standing rock res in fort yates ND .....his name is jason fool bear or mahto fool bear meaning Twitko.....one of the finest people of my friends.....
i am now talking about the great friend kelly (Twitko)

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of those finds that you go back to your artifact room and look at just to relive the moment that it was discovered.
Got a Banner vote from me! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the banner votes
if it mkes banner it is for twitko and boss man digger john

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow. No doubt about what that is. I have never seen anything like that ever. Not often you get to see the toys of an ancient culture. Congratulations Steve!

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
well this is a childs toy bow we found made from bone....... it broke and we glued it together
we found one about 20 years ago and it broke into several pcs and we never found all the pieces.....it was only half the size of this one but i still got the pieces
there was no camera available for an insitu.........but this is one of the top five coolest things ever to come from the great mandan site
get ready for this....sit down..my friends....it is a childs toy bow
i have wrapped some waxed linen thread on it to help illustrate its purpose as a toy......now i really think this is a good one.....once in a lifetime

A very nice and very interesting find.

I’ve never seen one before and am wondering how you would
tell a child’s bow from the bow of a bow drill or bow fire drill?

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
A very nice and very interesting find.

I’ve never seen one before and am wondering how you would
tell a child’s bow from the bow of a bow drill or bow fire drill?

out of the evidence we have these are way too small fire a bow drill or fire starter bow
the bow drills and fire starter drills were at least twice as big and were made from wood
it was difficult to photograph....i took about 20 pictures and all the ones that were holding in the hand had to go in the trash......wouldn't focus very good

larson1951

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
it sure would be a great honor and tribute to john and twitko to get that on the banner

i see 5 people mentioned it but the record only shows 3 votes

to vote banner click on the red 'create banner' icon at the upper right corner of your posts

i hope i am not sounding like i am trying to campaign or beg but help is much appreciated

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's one of those finds that you go back to your artifact room and look at just to relive the moment that it was discovered.
Got a Banner vote from me! :icon_thumright:

Now that is an undeniably an Awesome find! :notworthy: Congratulations!!!
Just curious, what part of the field did you find it? I knew that one of you was going to find something spectacular after that good rain. Banner for sure!

You have my vote on a banner find.:notworthy: In my part of the world bone won't last over 200 yrs:BangHead:

That is an incredible find Steve. Once in a lifetime find I would say and definitely worthy of the Banner.

Um, surely banner worthy.

My vote makes it four

I just voted, Steve. As banner worthy as anything I've ever seen.

My vote was cast as well. Great find.

hey hey thanks a million
i am hoping.....

steve
larson1951

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Piece !
THE TOP 5 in 27 years ?

so when was it found ?

well this is a childs toy bow we found made from bone

it sure would be a great honor and tribute to john and twitko to get that on the banner

So who actually Dug it ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions