Our Pottery Sherd State Collection

Flea-bit Monkey

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our Pottery Sherd State Collection updated 9/5

Earlier this year my wife and I decided we wanted to collect pottery sherds from other states.We have about a dozen personal finds from here in central IL. We were able to obtain MO and ND at the Collinsville show. Then we turned to the internet, and through the amazing generosity of fellow headhunters, our collection has grown rapidly. We are making our own cases and so far have fourteen cases done.
We have 25 States so far,
IL, MO, ND, KS,MN, PA, NY, NJ, SC, GA, MS, OH, KY, IN, LA,CO,NV, UT,
NM and MEXICO, we need a few more from AR, AL, VA, NE, IA, FL.

View attachment 836458 DSCN6669 (640x467).jpg GAlabeled.jpg ILlabeled.jpg KSlabeled.jpg KYlabeled.jpg MOlabeled.jpg NM&Mlabeled.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you say you still needed Florida?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any way you could post a photo of those.. so if I send you some I don't send you duplicates.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you already have Georgia or I would be willing to send you some pottery from the deep south. Where "Old times here ain't forgotten"

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Excellent collection on some beautiful pottery. I'm from central Illinois as well. I try to get out to the collinsville show every year as well.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please send me a PM.
I can up your variety quite a bit.
Deptford and St. Johns Varieties of stamped pottery as well as several other types designs colors and tempers.

Last edited:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I don't think NC was on your list. I wish I could help, but I've only found a shard or so my whole life. I have plenty of SC. And VA. But NC, especially the piedmont area to find pottery is a true treasure. I was on a quest for years before I finally found a few pieces. Other parts of NC. It's not so rare. The high acid content of our soil makes pottery almost like a loch nest monster.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
image-263408199.jpg

Where did you find the piece like shown above? This I found in NC piedmont area. It's glazed, so I'm not sure of it being Native American. Any insight you can give me?

OP
OP
F

Flea-bit Monkey

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think NC was on your list. I wish I could help, but I've only found a shard or so my whole life. I have plenty of SC. And VA. But NC, especially the piedmont area to find pottery is a true treasure. I was on a quest for years before I finally found a few pieces. Other parts of NC. It's not so rare. The high acid content of our soil makes pottery almost like a loch nest monster.

We have an offer for some from Western NC.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GatorBoy has a nice collection of pottery. He will send you some good pieces.

OP
OP
F

Flea-bit Monkey

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got these awesome pieces from North Carolina. They are the first soapstone sherds we have got. Very nice pieces. Thanks for looking. sixeight

DSCN7051.JPG
View attachment 858525

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for keeping this thread going.. also my apologies that you haven't received mine yet.
I have them bagged up already.
Very soon I promise.
( Florida )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread