rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some were used for games but of course we could not really know for sure on every use. I find them here once in a while in Ga. Its been a while though.

Last edited:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
All my life I have heard these called pee-dabs. I have referred to these as pee-dabs once or twice on this site, and it never fails, someone will PM me "correcting" me with "game stone". Pee-dabs are for a game kinda like marbles. So the native Americans around here say.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, they are way to nice for sling stone's, I don't believe they would spend all that time making them to shot them in a sling, I go along with game stones:notworthy:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know how these would have been made?

Im guessing but I would guess they went and got some small river or creek cobbles and then altered them into a more round shape by pecking them. Then used some animal fat to polish them. I have a really nice one some place about the size of a 50 cent piece and of course I cant find it now. Must be in the garage. Lost forever if it is till I move again.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Like golf balls, a perfectly smooth, round shape will not fly strait (wobbles in the air, slowing down and curving.) A dimpled football shape is better, but not much beats and irregular pebble for accuracy and cost.

OP
OP
digordie

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Like golf balls, a perfectly smooth, round shape will not fly strait (wobbles in the air, slowing down and curving.) A dimpled football shape is better, but not much beats and irregular pebble for accuracy and cost.

Excellent thought.!!!

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
We find them to. We have always thought the were "indian marbles" as my boys call them. Game pieces. Usally very smooth and almost perfectly round.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread