Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends upon what material was drilled. Here is 3 types of stone drilled. Hope this helps.

photo copy 3.JPG

photo copy 4.JPG

photo copy 5.JPG

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the pieces I have found drilled is broken at the drill entry. But Tnm gave some nice examples.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Quatra concave Adriana gorget. Drilled from one side.

Attachments

• image-2997917345.jpg
    image-2997917345.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 94
  • image-940024756.jpg
    image-940024756.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 88

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=189357891241090"
Not sure if this is going to work or not cause I've never tried to load a video.:icon_scratch: Had to get my wife to use her facebook account.Really It's the only way to see the beauty of this piece/gorget as it will really light up & flash from all the crystals in it.Dad found it many years ago here on the coast.I think it's a type of schist with some type of crystals in it.Don't think they are garnets which are one of the common types but not sure myself what they are.Anyway I know they had a hard time drilling through this piece cause of them.It's really something to look at in the day light under the sun very cool.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Timekiller. Excellent piece. Thanks for the view.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Timekiller. Excellent piece. Thanks for the view.
Yea you can't get it to show right from just a pic. it has to be moved around to catch the light.I tell ya it puts on a show in the sun light.Also pretty cool to see that when they drilled it & ran into those crystals going through that they were so hard the hole had to be kinda drilled around them.
Take Care,

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
If you think it will help you, I can show you what the holes should NOT look like. I got burned a while back. If the fake can help someone, I'll feel like I got some money refunded. Let me know if you want to see the holes. I don't want to confuse you at all.

OP
OP
hbrown22

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=189357891241090"
Not sure if this is going to work or not cause I've never tried to load a video.:icon_scratch: Had to get my wife to use her facebook account.Really It's the only way to see the beauty of this piece/gorget as it will really light up & flash from all the crystals in it.Dad found it many years ago here on the coast.I think it's a type of schist with some type of crystals in it.Don't think they are garnets which are one of the common types but not sure myself what they are.Anyway I know they had a hard time drilling through this piece cause of them.It's really something to look at in the day light under the sun very cool.
Take Care,

Very cool! Must have been made to impress a woman ;)

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
How did you find out it was fake? I don't think I'd be able to tell a difference.

It's quite a long story. I started comparing this piece to others online and noticed it just wasn't right. I posted the here and others noticed that this piece did not look right. If you notice,the holes all taper the same on the top. The taper is a perfect fit for a drill chuck also. The patina is wrong and around the holes a scar from the drill chuck can be seen. The slate is frail also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions