kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like a Scallorn pt. with a broken base.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you said small but I think you meant tiny. Nice find

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ammo_u, That is a beautiful 'bird' point, and I agree with Kansa54 that the base is missing. A friend of mine, and his departed wife, spent their free time hunting the Neosho (Grand) River system and its tributaries for arrowheads and pottery. They literally found 1000's of pieces of worked flint along with some remarkable points such as yours. I will check with him to see if he has any info. on them. I believe that he made up a display plaque/ shadow box to house them in- if it's ok with him I'll take a pic/ or 2 of them and post. HH yelnif

OP
OP
A

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I had the same thought but the base is actually worked. IDK if they broke it and decided to rework the point or what lol. I have found prob 55 gal drum full of flint chips/flakes. Its something I love to do and found my first point in the 2nd grade.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ammo u!! Now that is one tiny point!! Quite Exquisite!! They must have used those for taking Quail on the Rise!! Thanks for Sharing!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little birdie, Ammo_U! And it might be a 'Sequoyah' . I think we find a lot of those as well as Sorter's Bluff types here in the Osage.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Scallorn aren't found in northern Oklahoma. It was either a Sorter's Bluff or Sequoyah point. Tough to say which due to the missing base, but I'd bet on Sequoyah.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice,:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:I like the little guy's too.They can be tuff to find, really tuff the way they come for me having to look at a bunch of shells big as your hands & pottery pieces just as big.With waves of water washing over them covering with sand.Here's a few I've found, have a few others...........congrats on your first or as your other post stated smallest to date............
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 119

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got a chance today to go and see my buddy and was able to take a couple of photos of his point display. This bird point is @ 3/4" long X 3/16" wide and very thin. Sadly the tip is broken- He thinks it would be @ 1/8" longer- but still a fine point in my mind. The colour is very similar to yours. In the full display pic, it is at the 10-oclock position in the first spiral out from the center. He was not sure 'who' made it but did say it was found at a camp below the dam on the Grand Lake. Enjoy HH yelnif
HPIM1911.JPG

HPIM1912.JPG

HPIM1913.JPG

HPIM1914.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread