GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine found this today in the creek. He made several nice finds but this was no doubt the best. It measures 2 1/8" in length. Sure wish I had taken off work today and went as well.

Attachments

• Georgia Simpson.jpg
    Georgia Simpson.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 176
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that's a nice'un! I didn't think there were any more around here. Americus must not hunt that site!:laughing7:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
A buddy of mine found this today in the creek. He made several nice finds but this was no doubt the best. It measures 2 1/8" in length. Sure wish I had taken off work today and went as well.

Wowzers!! That is the best I have seen in a long time. I wish we could see the other side of it. Do you know if that is Dover chert/flint? True beauty!! Thank you for the view!!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that is a smoking point! River stain is awesome. If he was on this site I would vote Banner. Thanks for sharing.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find awesome it's complete !!!!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point! :icon_thumleft: And I like that material that it's made from. Cool!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I have never handled one. It is beautiful. Time to work those creeks.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.. that's it.. I have got to hunt somewhere very soon!

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowzers!! That is the best I have seen in a long time. I wish we could see the other side of it. Do you know if that is Dover chert/flint? True beauty!! Thank you for the view!!

I did not take a picture of the other side but will see that point again in a few days and will try and remember to get it. Here is the other finds that were recovered in the same area.

Attachments

• SW Georgia points.jpg
    SW Georgia points.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang all of those are great points. Ill have to remember that trick. Was the water moving any at all or just kinda at a stand still? Quite a bit of current in this area even in the creeks.

OP
OP
GaRebel1861

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang all of those are great points. Ill have to remember that trick. Was the water moving any at all or just kinda at a stand still? Quite a bit of current in this area even in the creeks.

The water down here moves slower than what you generally have up in North Georgia and is a light tea color.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water here moves fast and is usually clear when it isnt raining. Thanks for the info and tell your friend I am glad it went to a good home.

dlos

Jul 12, 2011
Nice artifacts coming from that creek! What is "fanning" the bottom? Sounds like it'd stir the water up and make it hard to see no? Great finds!

Just Amazed

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions