Rare Rollerball Discoidal ?? E-Bay has one of these Listed As Authentic and Rare ??

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just Amazed, I would recommend getting to know the types of artifacts found in your neck of woods, the kinds of materials used, etc. you need to understand what to look for so you will find actual artifacts and not simply rocks. It may not be easy, but museum collections if you can visit any, books and webpages dealing with Texas artifacts, local collections and local collectors would be best. You need experience. If you can locate collectors who hunt, that sure will help. You need to develop an eye for artifacts over rocks. It does come with time, but a lot easier if you can possibly hunt with someone who does have an eye for it already....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just amazed, check your PMs..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone who cannot tell that this is just a rock should probably not be collecting Native American artifacts.

Well, sure, if they've been collecting for a long time; otherwise, that's a bit harsh. It's the folks who find ordinary rocks, and insist, no matter what they are told, that their rocks ARE artifacts that should probably find another hobby.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Or start selling on EBay

Yeah, can be a great gig. Recently, I watched a guy sell several hundred dollars worth of small packets containing hair from Bigfoot. He had collected it off his mom's fence line when the Bigfoot leaped the fence but got snagged a bit. Every morning I try to get an image of Jesus to appear on my toast so I can finally make a mil on eBay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BIG...197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f22c0ad05

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BIG...090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43c08a2a42

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
8-) I have had great success on ebay, both buying and selling artifacts. I hunt it daily.

I also have an ebay store and sell quite a bit of honey off there. I think it's a great place if you watch who you deal with, and know what your buying. It's a good idea to know how to represent what you are selling too.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
8-) I have had great success on ebay, both buying and selling artifacts. I hunt it daily.

I also have an ebay store and sell quite a bit of honey off there. I think it's a great place if you watch who you deal with, and know what your buying. It's a good idea to know how to represent what you are selling too.

Yeah, I'm really only joking. I like eBay as well. Bought some nice artifacts lately. Find selling relics out of my home to other collectors easier, but selling on there is fun as well. Not hard to do either if you are careful. And yes, presentation is everything where selling is concerned, knowing how to pitch a sale helps.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Danger Will Robinson"
To each their own.. but anyone who has purchased numerous points from EBay likely has some fakes in my opinion.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Danger Will Robinson"
To each their own.. but anyone who has purchased numerous points from EBay likely has some fakes in my opinion.

I do, or did until I tossed them. But only once, and I stick to my own region and what I know. But I agree, if you buy a lot of points there, you will certainly have some fakes. At the same time, if you just know who you are dealing with, you will not get burned at all. Know the seller and know your stuff. Play it safe when you're on eBay. Trust your own knowledge, your own eyes. Stick to only what you know. If you've been collecting points from your home state for 20 years through surface hunting, yard sales, etc., don't hop on eBay to buy killer points from a region where you have zero knowledge from someone you don't know. Before anyone starts throwing around $$$ on a website as "free wheeling Wild West " as eBay, know your stuff! And know it damn well!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
maybe more pictures from different angles would help.....if you go to the beach you can fill your truck with those.....

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont sell on ebay. Ive thought about it but havent tried it. Im just buying rite now as I get extra money from local collectors in my area. I do enjoy hunting them more but they are getting very scarce for quality pieces.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I dont sell on ebay. Ive thought about it but havent tried it. Im just buying rite now as I get extra money from local collectors in my area. I do enjoy hunting them more but they are getting very scarce for quality pieces.

LOL! I'd buy too if i was getting money from local collectors in my area.

I sell a bit when I'm off for the winter.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that was typed wrong. Dont really remember what I was going to say :icon_scratch:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, sure, if they've been collecting for a long time; otherwise, that's a bit harsh. It's the folks who find ordinary rocks, and insist, no matter what they are told, that their rocks ARE artifacts that should probably find another hobby.

very well said charl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread