Couple of frames

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Here are a couple of small frames that I put together a while back. The first one has mostly Ft. Ancient points with a few other types mixed in. these were all found in the same field. I hunted the field for about 2 years before the tobacco buyout turned into a hayfield.

The second frame has an assortment of points from my Grandfather's old farm. There is a Macorkel(Spelling?) on the lower left. There are a few Kirk Corner's in the middle and top. I have a Graham's Cave in the lower middle. And there is a decent white Bottleneck point on the right. In the center is something that I put in there because I thought it was kinda cool. It looks like an eyeball. It may just be standard weird rock. I found it beside a tobacco stalk. I picked it up because it was round. I cleaned it off and thought it was strange-looking, so I kept it.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Nice finds! that point right above the round rock kinda looks like flint ridge material, hard to tell, I wouldve picked that rock up to.I found a round one last fall got it home and it had a fossil on the other side looks like an eyeball

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Hey Pickaway! I'm not sure what that material type is. At first I thought it might be Boyle Chert, but it doesn't have all the characteristics of Boyle. It is grey with the white swirls. I wish I knew more about the material types in my area. I sure would like to find a couple of points made with Flint Ridge.

Thanks for posting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread