Is this native american?

drhiker6566

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a rock I found a few months ago in the north Ga. mountains. It has a grove that wraps around the rock from one side to the other. If you notice there's a small grove on the back of the rock thats not broke off. The out side of the rock is worn smooth,like it was used for pounding or grinding.It was laying in a gravel bar in a small creek. fall 2013 207.JPG fall 2013 200.JPG fall 2013 194.JPG fall 2013 069.JPG fall 2013 067.JPG fall 2013 066.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I see now. Id have to say natural. What part of GA are you in?
Welcome to the site, rock

OP
OP
D

drhiker6566

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in north ga. near lake lanier. I just can't see how it could be natural.The grove is cut in a circle around the rock.

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I live in north ga. near lake lanier. I just can't see how it could be natural.The grove is cut in a circle around the rock.

Do you have an idea on what function they may have used it for?

You would be amazed at what natural circumstances can do to stones. That one looks natural to me.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but it looks natural, mother nature can do some strange things. I say natural because it does not fall in the class of anything that is common to most known artifacts. Cool rock and I would keep it:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
D

drhiker6566

Tenderfoot
Oct 28, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The creek is in the Ga. gold belt,and they use stamping machinery to crush the gold out of the rock.I wonder if a gold miner could have used this as a rock crusher, to get the gold out. Just a wild guess.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I must say it looks natural as well. It's still a cool piece. I would place it where people can see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread