curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....I did post this with some other things, but the picture was small... think it was my first post on TN? About November 11 I think. Well...I love this little Bear, it was one of our first finds & my favorite. What do you guys think about it? Old? A friend said it's made of Jet, and have had offers to buy it but wouldn't sell it for anything. RSCN2912.JPG RSCN2933.JPG RSCN2970.JPG RSCN2951.JPG Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i would of seen it i would of voted banner,that is sweet.never seen anything like it.are you finding these close to an old house or way out ,you need to let someone who knows what there talking about authenicate those faces and that bear,really i would

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats nice I remember it.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kat that is the real deal:icon_thumleft:, I can see it was craved by hand, that is super nice:hello2:. Was it found on a site along where other artifacts have been found. I would bet the bank it is real and I can't understand why it was not voted BANNER, but it's got my vote. You need to show some more of your stuff.:notworthy::notworthy:

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys....thanks for being so nice & liking it :) Found this on the property before we even put the house there! Hubby was the one who found it & I gave him all my arrowheads for it, not that I really needed to do that! lol I just really liked it soooo much....like I said...my favorite of the finds. Yes, it was found on the same property as all the others. Thank you monsterrack for your :icon_thumleft: on it being hand carved, I'd still love it even if it weren't. Just the way his head is cocked to one side gives him so much personality...sorry, going on a bit much here! lol .....again, thanks all...

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what age was the other finds with it? Like points

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi rock....was finding the arrowheads each time while visiting the property before putting home there, so maybe 6 months or so...that what you mean?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no the age of the points meaning how old are they. That way you can date your bear.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...well, as far as I know maybe anywhere starting from 1300 to ? I think that's the est. of known habitation in the area.....but I'm not sure exactly :dontknow: How does one know?

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
the maker did capture the image!!!
Hi guys....thanks for being so nice & liking it :) Found this on the property before we even put the house there! Hubby was the one who found it & I gave him all my arrowheads for it, not that I really needed to do that! lol I just really liked it soooo much....like I said...my favorite of the finds. Yes, it was found on the same property as all the others. Thank you monsterrack for your :icon_thumleft: on it being hand carved, I'd still love it even if it weren't. Just the way his head is cocked to one side gives him so much personality...sorry, going on a bit much here! lol .....again, thanks all...

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other

the name you have given it just fits perfectly
the way its head is turned us what really gives it personality

larson1951

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I ask is I would like to try and date it for you. Could be ancient or could be just old. A NA could of carved it or a bored person waiting for crops to grow yrs ago. If you have found other NA artifacts made out of the same type of material then of course you could say a NA carved it. If no other period artifacts have been found in the same area it would be hard to get a date on your bear. Either way it is a nice looking find. Just trying to help

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I missed the previous post too. That is really a nice find. I know little about dating/authenticating other than recognizing point types but if it was found with points and other artifacts and if no modern dwellings were nearby there is a good chance it is the real deal. It is very unique for sure. Thanks for showing it to us.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....wow...thanks some more you guys! The only thing I can say is that everything I've posted except "the round thing with a hole through it", is from the same area (about about 5 acres) ...all the arrowheads, pottery shards, the two small faces and stone things. There was no one living here before us, but others living in the area...and from what we've found, we know for sure the NA were here, just not exactly when. I think the reason that this little bear wasn't really noticed in my first post is that it was not close up and sitting on the turtle made of stone, which maybe I should re post up close to!?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....wow...thanks some more you guys! The only thing I can say is that everything I've posted except "the round thing with a hole through it", is from the same area (about about 5 acres) ...all the arrowheads, pottery shards, the two small faces and stone things. There was no one living here before us, but others living in the area...and from what we've found, we know for sure the NA were here, just not exactly when. I think the reason that this little bear wasn't really noticed in my first post is that it was not close up and sitting on the turtle made of stone, which maybe I should re post up close to!?

Show me the turtle if you found it also, Kat you are knocking down the doors great going:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread