RIP Chief Sitting Bull
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: RIP Chief Sitting Bull

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

RIP Chief Sitting Bull

when i was young my folks would take me and my brother Clyde to Sitting Bulls grave (Tatonka Yotaka) which is about a half hour north of where i was born

this is what my sister in law Lakota Sioux Tamakewastewin LaDonna Allard had to say about 8 hours ago

Hihanna Waste
    December 15 is a day we will always remember, this morning we have our young and old gathering to honor our leader Sitting Bull at his cabin site where he died on this morning December 15, 1890 at the break of dawn, They are leaving on their horses to make the journey to Wounded Knee, each one making a vow to complete the journey, they carry the dreams of our nation with them i pray for a safe journey for each of the riders, I will also send out prayer for our 38 riders who are on the road to Mankota. We will never forget who we are and never forget our peoples sacrifice LILILILI

Last edited by larson1951; Dec 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Native Pride -}}}}}------------------------>God Bless you Kelly -}}}}}----------------------> -}}}}}--------------------->
    May your steps be gentle and your eyes be sharp Your flipping stick true and the finds will mark Another season among your friends Preserving Mandan storys from the wind (TnMountains-author)

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    2407 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I just ran across a book @ the used book store...a Christmas gift for son. Robert M. Utley's "The Land and the Shield - The Life and Times of Sitting Bull". I'm sure he will enjoy reading it.
    larson1951 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I just ran across a book @ the used book store...a Christmas gift for son. Robert M. Utley's "The Land and the Shield - The Life and Times of Sitting Bull". I'm sure he will enjoy reading it.
    that's nice RR
    Native Pride -}}}}}------------------------>God Bless you Kelly -}}}}}----------------------> -}}}}}--------------------->
    May your steps be gentle and your eyes be sharp Your flipping stick true and the finds will mark Another season among your friends Preserving Mandan storys from the wind (TnMountains-author)

us
    Apr 2013
    Southwest Mississippi
    Garrett, and Whites
    4843 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    That is a real good post Steve. From what I have read, he was a great and wise man. may he RIP
    larson1951 likes this.
    If you want to live life on your terms, you need to learn to crash and burn.

donald peterson

Jan 2013
    somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
    Whites prism III
    1973 times
    Relic Hunting
    i have a friend who was involved in the occupation of wounded knee in the 1970's...religious leader..
    sad day in american history.
    larson1951 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8398 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I remember as a kid reading "Bury my heart at wounded knee". Started a long journey of interest. Thank you Steve for the reminder.
    Happy Holidays
    larson1951 likes this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Jul 2010
    206 times
    A very interesting post Steve. A very sad part of this country's history. Rest In Peace Sitting Bull. Thank you for posting this.
    larson1951 likes this.

you are welcome

funny thing a couple hours ago i went to the store and i saw two of my friends who are descendants of Sitting Bull........
    .........Hunkpapa Sioux cousins named James and Charlie Iron Eyes....they used to work for me

....it was a nice visit.....i like James he used to work for me
    katdancing likes this.

Mar 2012
    866 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    We could have learned a lot from each other. When I hear reports of how primitive native Americans were and simple minded, it makes me sick. It took not only intelligence and courage to live their life, but a belief in things beside material possessions.
    Honor, integrity and honesty and courage were values of the highest order. RIP Sitting Bull. You will live forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by fongu View Post
    We could have learned a lot from each other. When I hear reports of how primitive native Americans were and simple minded, it makes me sick. It took not only intelligence and courage to live their life, but a belief in things beside material possessions.
    Honor, integrity and honesty and courage were values of the highest order. RIP Sitting Bull. You will live forever in our hearts.
    very well put fongu........very well said

us
    Jan 2013
    seeing eye shovel
    1448 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00100788B.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	913812

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002_0a_1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	913813

here is a short clip about the marker monument showing the missouri river in the background by mobridge SD where i was born in 1951

http://heritagerenewal.org/stone/sittingbull.mpg
    Last edited by larson1951; Dec 19, 2013 at 06:11 AM.
    surf and outlawatheart like this.

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    5797 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by old digger; Dec 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
    larson1951 likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    268 times
    Neat
    larson1951 likes this.

us
    VERDE

Jun 2013
    Louisiana
    AT Pro
    708 times
    Heyy larson1951!! Interesting Story and Thanks for sharing!! Hope you are warm!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
    larson1951 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links