larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
when i was young my folks would take me and my brother Clyde to Sitting Bulls grave (Tatonka Yotaka) which is about a half hour north of where i was born

this is what my sister in law Lakota Sioux Tamakewastewin LaDonna Allard had to say about 8 hours ago

Hihanna Waste
December 15 is a day we will always remember, this morning we have our young and old gathering to honor our leader Sitting Bull at his cabin site where he died on this morning December 15, 1890 at the break of dawn, They are leaving on their horses to make the journey to Wounded Knee, each one making a vow to complete the journey, they carry the dreams of our nation with them i pray for a safe journey for each of the riders, I will also send out prayer for our 38 riders who are on the road to Mankota. We will never forget who we are and never forget our peoples sacrifice LILILILI

Last edited:
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ran across a book @ the used book store...a Christmas gift for son. Robert M. Utley's "The Land and the Shield - The Life and Times of Sitting Bull". I'm sure he will enjoy reading it.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just ran across a book @ the used book store...a Christmas gift for son. Robert M. Utley's "The Land and the Shield - The Life and Times of Sitting Bull". I'm sure he will enjoy reading it.

that's nice RR

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a real good post Steve. From what I have read, he was a great and wise man. may he RIP

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember as a kid reading "Bury my heart at wounded knee". Started a long journey of interest. Thank you Steve for the reminder.
Happy Holidays

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
A very interesting post Steve. A very sad part of this country's history. Rest In Peace Sitting Bull. Thank you for posting this.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
you are welcome

funny thing a couple hours ago i went to the store and i saw two of my friends who are descendants of Sitting Bull........
.........Hunkpapa Sioux cousins named James and Charlie Iron Eyes....they used to work for me

....it was a nice visit.....i like James he used to work for me

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could have learned a lot from each other. When I hear reports of how primitive native Americans were and simple minded, it makes me sick. It took not only intelligence and courage to live their life, but a belief in things beside material possessions.
Honor, integrity and honesty and courage were values of the highest order. RIP Sitting Bull. You will live forever in our hearts.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
We could have learned a lot from each other. When I hear reports of how primitive native Americans were and simple minded, it makes me sick. It took not only intelligence and courage to live their life, but a belief in things beside material possessions.
Honor, integrity and honesty and courage were values of the highest order. RIP Sitting Bull. You will live forever in our hearts.

very well put fongu........very well said

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
6a01156f5f4ba1970b0147e0b9e0ea970b-500wi

00100788B.jpg

002_0a_1.jpg

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
here is a short clip about the marker monument showing the missouri river in the background by mobridge SD where i was born in 1951

[video]http://heritagerenewal.org/stone/sittingbull.mpg[/video]

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heyy larson1951!! Interesting Story and Thanks for sharing!! Hope you are warm!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice story I will b looking for these books !!!! Sounds like a great man !!

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Larson, Thank you for the "Remembering". It is always wise to keep our hearts open & give honors to the Elders. Kat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread