curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....found this....it's only about an eighth of an inch thick, made of rock...used for? RSCN3824.JPG RSCN3826.JPG

Upvote 0

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
was it found in a plowed area? the second pic seems to show edge wear like earth tools show here. maybe some kind of abrader? looks to be very porous and not too sturdy of a material. I can see why you kept it, cause its got the look! good eyes!

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Kat you sure can pick a hard one , the edges look like it could have been used for something but I think it is to thin for an abrader:dontknow:I don't know if anyone for sure can tell, neat find:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....don't mean to stump you guys (kinda) :) Outlaw...no plowed field on our property or near and it's pretty hard rock...what about a big saw like cutter/scraper for something? ...good eyes...lol..that's what I put on my type of "metal detector" used, guess I'm old fashioned....like to do it the NA way :) And Monsterrack...do I get a "stumper" prize! lol Like I said, the rock it's made from is pretty hard, maybe more so than it looks....thank you for looking & trying....very nice of you guys!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks kinda like iron ore I find around here Kat I bet it's heavy for its size ?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess its a base to a knife. Maybe they left the cortex on the base and the part that is missing would of been the blade.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...maybe it's a bit heavy, not real though painter...would that still be iron ore? Hi rock...that would be a BIG knife...or maybe not that big for you guys!? lol All of the sides except the broken part seem to have been "worked" on, and for some reason it reminds me of the tip of a chain saw blade...odd, yes!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it could still b ore for sure I'll get some pics of some I've found ;) but I'm still stumped and u took great pics haha

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....yes, pics please painter :)

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some but kinda dirty

Attachments

• image-1590830915.jpg
    image-1590830915.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image-1847506788.jpg
    image-1847506788.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2197315931.jpg
    image-2197315931.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 74

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to think it could b a broke hoe or digging tool missing the bit end

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...wow painter that does look like it, maybe a bit courser, but like it! So yours is "real heavy"? Oh, just thought...is it magnetic? Going to test mine......I'm back..lol...it does attract a magnet...what about yours? Of course a lot of rocks do I guess, but it's a step forward...maybe? Thanks for the pics :)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...think we're posting at the same time lol ! That's an idea...a "digging" tool, nice...maybe!!! You might have something there painter!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha some of my pieces are slightly magnetic and some aren't but that doesn't mean it will alway attract a regular household magnet ... What part of the country was it found?

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes heavier but not like a lot but just a noticeably heavier feel then say limestone or flint

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...in New Mexico, southwest part. You know what, the NA's that use to live in this area probably grew some corn? So......they had to dig & such and needed some tools...think I'm running on with your idea here...lol

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm thinking haha tricky one I would look into iron ore mines in your area on the Internet and see what you might see .... What of meteorites in your area ???

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...there is a lot of rock here with magnetic qualities, so guess lot's of iron. Meteorites....well, don't know really...I did find a small piece of rock that is heavy for it's size and when I did the streak test it leaves no streak to speak of...humm...makes ya wonder?..... DSCN1998.JPG

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your like me I pick everything suspect up and study them it's how I learn haha

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013