just some more found in northwest ohio mostly river finds

canoeguy45887

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, here are few more that I found between april thru oct 2013, majority are river finds , used my daughters phone to take the pics and somehow lost a lot of individual shots, sorry might try it again,

UPDATE: check out my "whatcha think junk or not?? posts for closer pics of these pieces"

check out the last 5 pics I think they both resemble something but my wife thinks that I am nuts, let me here your thoughts. thanks

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 14.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 30.jpg 29.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
First off, you have some sweet pieces. The grooved hammer/maul is my personal favorite. Although the odd looking rock is more than likely not an artifact, I like it too. I'm going to hand you a fool's advice, start culling your finds. By that, I mean only keep your outstanding finds in your house. Some of the hammer stones should be placed out by a flower bed or something to that nature. I think you will appreciate this advice in the future. I got bad about bringing every piece that looked used in my house. Man ol man after these crude pieces accumulate its a job separating your nice finds from the less significant finds. You are doing, in my eye, the right thing by saving the less appealing artifacts as well as the great ones. I feel any artifact should be respected for what it is. I learned the hard way that not all artifacts belong in your house. I hope you don't take this wrong. You have some great stuff. You will keep accumulating great stuff as you progress. That's when display space becomes a precious commodity and you will be forced to remove certain pieces. Good job! Keep it up!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#23 picture is the only one that might be something other than a river cobble. Its better to let you know up front now than to sugar coat it and you pick up more rocks and carry them home. Im not trying to be mean just trying to be honest. rock

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with Rock but it is really hard to tell from photos. May be some other artifacts in there as well.
Good eye and I really like your aquarium in the back ground.

OP
OP
C

canoeguy45887

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info guys, i do got a lot of junk, i agree, but i will try to get some better pictures of some of these pieces, think you might change your mind on some of them, maybe not, the rivers im in don't have a lot of this type of rock, which made it odd for it to be there, and the odd rocks at the end, i swear one looks like a bird missing a wing, and the other an odd skull, but please keep the comments coming, i need the help, got any good online sites or books to recommend to help me identify stuff.

thanks again
canoeguy

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now if they were all together and none others like them any place else they could of been used for a fire pit or something like that.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Canoeguy - Can we see a closer picture of the grooved hammer? I'm not sure the other pieces are artifacts or just rocks, but the grooved hammer is a very nice artifact, one that we'd all be proud to find. Oh, and your wife is probably right, you're nuts. But we wander around in the mud, the cold, to find old rocks. we're all a bit nuts.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with NC and rack very good advice I pack lots home but I have more space to put them than the average joe haha keep the nicest stuff inside and keep the others in piles or buckets outside .... A lot of times you overlook things as well happy hunting and good luck ;)

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info guys, i do got a lot of junk, i agree, but i will try to get some better pictures of some of these pieces, think you might change your mind on some of them, maybe not, the rivers im in don't have a lot of this type of rock, which made it odd for it to be there, and the odd rocks at the end, i swear one looks like a bird missing a wing, and the other an odd skull, but please keep the comments coming, i need the help, got any good online sites or books to recommend to help me identify stuff. thanks again canoeguy
The more you hunt the more you learn that is my advice and if you have a question post good pics and ask here you will b surprised at how much you can learn from these nice people on TNET ;)

OP
OP
C

canoeguy45887

Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone, to see some closeup pics of some of these look at my "whatcha think, junk or not" pics, some may surprise you, all 20 are from these pictures, I will post the hammer head pics shortly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions