Just a knife or possibly a chisel

SouthTexasFinds

Oct 30, 2013
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen anything similar to the hard stone chisels, axes etc most of you find further north. I don't know if that is at all related to different time period as well as the lack of stone or what. Most of what I have seen out of my area seems to be very crude when it come to tools. I have a few similar to the piece in question and always saw them as some sort of chisel, especially this one due to the fact the opposite end is nearly untouched. ( Or unfinished point/knife) Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a very nice hafted end scraper !!!!

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool piece! Is that Texas Quartzite, or some kinda flint? I see where your headed with the chisel thought, I think around here it might be called an end scraper. That doesn't mean it is one.. Nice find, thanks for the view.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! If found here it would be called a knife. Like this one I found last week. This one is worked on both sides but is thicker on one side and the other side flat.

Attachments

• SDC10207.JPG
    SDC10207.JPG
    715.6 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
S

SouthTexasFinds

Oct 30, 2013
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find! If found here it would be called a knife. Like this one I found last week. This one is worked on both sides but is thicker on one side and the other side flat.

Looks similar to the two I posted in my knife/scraper thread. I believe it is flint Viking. Thanks for looking fellas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread