New Celt/Adze

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this rock digging around some bones that I had been excavating with my butter knife. Was going to wait to post when I found something else. But it rained, and filled the hole with water. Then the deep freeze came, and I have yet to go back to assess the situation. Its thawing but how deep the freeze was has yet to be determined. Have been down to the site to break the creek ice for the horses. And doubled back to the truck in sub zero temps. The only good news is I was able to fix my camera. Now if I could only fix the weather. All of my post/pics in the last 3 months were taken with my G/F camera that had a crappy yellow back ground. Here are some much better pics. And a pic of the awls that I found in the now frozen hole, without the yellow back ground. This camera takes really good pics when its working. Thanks for viewing. And hopefully the spring will come soon so we can start searching again!!!! Also included a couple artifact frames. Stay warm.

Attachments

• jack 722.jpg
    jack 722.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 125
  • jack 744.jpg
    jack 744.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 163
  • jack 747.jpg
    jack 747.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 170
  • jack 740.jpg
    jack 740.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are super pieces NOTWORTY !!!!!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrific finds. I hope spring comes early for you this yr, rock

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Second pic right side white curved bone looks like raccoon baculum....

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the nice replies guys. Tom I think that curved piece is a claw as it has polish. Here is a better pic of it and the other side of the celt. So happy my camera is working. Now I need to fix the weather. Maybe a large tent with the floor cut out?

Attachments

• jack 053.jpg
    jack 053.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 87
  • jack 720.jpg
    jack 720.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 77

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't be to long hopefully and that ground will un freeze for you. You are getting some great things from that site. I bet you have to crack that creek every day in those temps. Good looking tools and awl!

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JMO it looks like a muskrat tooth. Around here the raccoon baculum bone is called a redneck hat pin:laughing7:
That's what I thought as well MR, or a 'young beaver'....I've mature beaver teeth as well...but not (smaller) young ones.

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys are right about it being beaver. Heading to the Ripley, Ohio show next Sunday. Going to pick up three or four display cases as I have quite a few artifacts in some shoe boxes. Thank for the nice replies and stay warm!

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys are right about it being beaver. Heading to the Ripley, Ohio show next Sunday. Going to pick up three or four display cases as I have quite a few artifacts in some shoe boxes. Thank for the nice replies and stay warm!

Take your camera and bring back some pics of the show so we can see them.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice collection you have there...thanks for letting us see it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread