shelter bluff finds

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
Three different locations DSC00028.JPG <<<shelter #1 DSC00029.JPG <<<shelter #2 DSC00030.JPG <<<shelter #3
just about too frozen to even scratch around in caves. It took several trips to get these.

Upvote 0

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your shelter #3 picture....the 1 on the bottom right, was it brought in from a different tribe?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure it looks like deer to me it was probably their food.... tools.. clothing ..ect.

ForumRunner_20140211_195551.png

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds! Wish there were some shelters around here to pluck around in.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interested if that mandible section was at the same level as the points.( it looks a little new)
If so you have very dry shelter there might be some really good stuff hiding in there

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
so far none of the artifacts are very deep at that site 18" or so. Usually I leave any diggings at the drip edge so the next time I come back mother nature has washed it for me and that's were I found the deer jaw
What's up with the teeth/jaw bone? That is something you don't see often. Was it at the same level as the points?

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
It is a deep dry shelter Gator. The bones may be modern:dontknow:. I have dug cow/sheep teeth near the back. They area is very remote and full of deer and coyote. I see fresh sign in the cave every trip
I am interested if that mandible section was at the same level as the points.( it looks a little new)
If so you have very dry shelter there might be some really good stuff hiding in there

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds so interesting and so different from the area I'm in now.
I'd be tempted to see how deep I could go and still find artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread