rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats neat. But I only find small points and tools in my area. Which part of GA did they find the bones?

OP
OP
Red Earth

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
Golden Isles.
Specifically: Saint Simons and Sea Island.
It's was when the were creating the "Glynn county airport".

OP
OP
Red Earth

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
It reads that all the bodies they found were 6.5 to 7 foot tall

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My height area. I am part Native American. Thanks for the info.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Rock you said before you where a big man , but you a real big man. Remind me to stay on your good side:laughing7:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im harmless. Unless like anyone else, your family is in danger.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've read a lot of articles/stories about giant skeletons found in mounds and caves. It was intriguing and got my curiosity going. Many of the articles I read were reprints from 1800's news papers. What stood out in my mind was the very similar if not exactly similar discoveries in different states. Back then there were no types of communication except mail and word of mouth. So when newspaper articles from different papers hundred of miles apart report the exact same type of skeletons, etc. it made me believe there is something to these reports. Many said that the Smithsonian was contacted, came out and removed the bones and no one has heard of them since. Maybe the giant skeletons found didn't fit into their version of our prehistory?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...or perhaps there were no giants and a good story gets passed around....

OP
OP
Red Earth

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
I've read a lot of articles/stories about giant skeletons found in mounds and caves. It was intriguing and got my curiosity going. Many of the articles I read were reprints from 1800's news papers. What stood out in my mind was the very similar if not exactly similar discoveries in different states. Back then there were no types of communication except mail and word of mouth. So when newspaper articles from different papers hundred of miles apart report the exact same type of skeletons, etc. it made me believe there is something to these reports. Many said that the Smithsonian was contacted, came out and removed the bones and no one has heard of them since. Maybe the giant skeletons found didn't fit into their version of our prehistory?

Read this if you haven't already

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140315_211032.png
    ForumRunner_20140315_211032.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 106

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree UncleMac, I would like to believe all these stories but the evidence is scant. Kind of like BigFoot! Anyway now I've got another book to read that Red Earth showed us. For the record I don't believe in the Bin Laden story either. Body conveniently dumped at sea..............yeah right. Sounds more like political B.S. to me.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of reports of giants in the Bible, Africa and now America. My grandmother proved physical size had nothing to do with stature. She was 4' 9" tall and everybody who knew her thought she was 10 ' tall. Guess it was all the love she had for us that made her loom large in our minds and respect and I never heard her raise her voice. An extremely large drunk tried to attack my Mom and aunt when they were little girls and she knocked him off the porch with a chair. Don't mess with a hen and her chicks.

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
I have bunch of them stocked in my pond now Monsterrack.:thumbsup: We use to call the big paper shell pecans big Rosies and Giants when I was a youngin. Now it a fish lol.
I thought they were a breed of fish(which they are a breed of bream called that), so don't feel like the lone ranger.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken Holyoak or something breeds those Ga. giant bream and they are monsters.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok Red Earth, I bought the book off Amazon and read it. I would give it about 7 out of 10. It was very well researched on all the various and interesting finds on giant skeletons and even mummies that have been found and published in news papers over the last 200 years. It failed to prove that the Smithsonian was involved in a deliberate cover up. I'm sure to a great extent they have not been forthcoming with where these finds fit into our history. Little was said of the fact that the Smithsonian took possession of hundreds of these "giants" but have never displayed or mentioned anything. No interviews with any Smithsonian researchers. Still it was an interesting and thought provoking book and I would recommend it.

OP
OP
Red Earth

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you read the quote from Abe Lincoln at the beginning?

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, It seems Lincoln had no issue with believing giants once roamed our country. I'm sure there are still plenty of giants bones that have yet to be discovered!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread