larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy hunting season...You know the best stuff washes out early in the spring!!! Time to walk the creeks and the rivers if they are not swelling too bad!!! Good luck and happy hunting...lol

yup good luck to everyone!
larson1951

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll chime in too! Happy Hunting One and All! The winds are blowing like crazy today- and we had a ton of rain yesterday, so everyone in the mid-Atlantic states, sharpen your eyeballs, I think Saturday will be awesome (a warm day before we freeze up yet again!). :headbang: Yak

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jester. If we ever quit getting rain and the water goes down a couple of feet Im sure I will find some nice ones. HH, rock

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep found my first one ever in a creek on Tuesday
Not the best of points but I will take it.

ForumRunner_20140314_185108.png

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Happy, I saw the concrete on my driveway for the first time in 2 months. Heck I was out there today tossing snow back on the drive so it would melt,LOL

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those creek cobbles just dont take it very gentle on the artifacts I do have to say. Every once in a while you get lucky though.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everyone has a successful safe season. I saw 2 snakes out today.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we got 16" of snow the day before yesterday.Now is the time of much whining and *****ing......Tired of looking at atlases and making plans...hell i got my next two seasons plotted out..Time to go buy some gear i think a new pair of muck- boots is the ticket....good luck and be careful to all....mjm

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we got 16" of snow the day before yesterday.Now is the time of much whining and *****ing......Tired of looking at atlases and making plans...hell i got my next two seasons plotted out..Time to go buy some gear i think a new pair of muck- boots is the ticket....good luck and be careful to all....mjm

I just got a new pair of boots and they leak already. Rite at the heels. They just dont make boots like they use to. My other pair I had for 15 yrs and they just started to leak.

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of picking up some muck boots. They are kind of pricy but suppose to be good. It so confusing with the number and brands of boots out there. It would suck to get a pair and they leak. You going to take them back?

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive heard good things about them.They are pricey but its all about the comfort.Would probably be cheaper on line but i would just as soon pay a little more and be able to return them easier.Also i got big feet so it would be nice to try them on......mjm

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of muck boots and they are great, very light weight and so far they have held up to 2 years of deer hunting and artifact hunting. I just don't think they would take to sharp rocks.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of picking up some muck boots. They are kind of pricy but suppose to be good. It so confusing with the number and brands of boots out there. It would suck to get a pair and they leak. You going to take them back?

I ordered them online from a well known place. Seeing it had their own name brand on them I figued they would be good. It was a combo water and snake boot. I sure hope the snake part works cause the water doesnt. They are so stiff they chap my legs when walking. I even tuck my jeans in them but it doesnt help much. I might try wrapping my legs with cloth before putting them on to see if it helps.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a nice pair of canvas boots that lasted 10 yrs. They were starting to fall apart but drained nice when in deep water cause of the material. I left them sitting outside so they would dry and a dang dog took one home with him. There was a stray the day before in my yard so I played with him. A young Husky pup. I figure he came back the next day to play and I wasnt home so he took one of my boots instead :sadsmiley:

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock that reminds me of the time.We were stopping at a ranch to ask permission to deer hunt.After telling him what was on our mind.He invited us in off the open porch to give us a permission slip and a map of his property.Yes some ranches in montana you actually need a map .I slipped off my sorel pack boots and went inside.On leaving his house i found his blue heeler dog sitting out in the yard eating the leather upper off my boot.Oh well i could always get new boots.A hunting spot like that was hard to come by....
Mjm

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL my boot was leather and canvas. I looked all over the neighborhood for my boot but no luck. I ended up throwing the other one away.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Muck boots are worth every penny on their price tag. I love mine. It takes a little walking to get used to Muck boots. I even took a couple small falls when I first started wearing them. I'm not sure what Jesus wore when he walked on water but Muck boots have got to be pretty close!! Lol

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha. Good one Rusty. I need to get me some of them boots. Walking on a real soft sand bar on the flat river today my feet sunk into the water. This was right before I almost busted my a$$ climbing back up the bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions