gifts from the pottery king

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
I would like to thank Rock for giving me the gift of some of his great pottery collection. I have never found any pottery or even had my hands on any authentic Indian pottery, so this just adds character to my case of artifacts. Thank you Rock for sending it to Kentucky. It is greatly appreciated.

013.JPG
015.JPG

Upvote 0

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great gift! You're a good man Rock-- maybe you'll find some of your own one day, Huntress- you never know. ;) Yak

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Great gift!! Nice display case too. What else you got in there.
Well ncnurseryman that case holds my finds from last year and this year. I have been fortunate enough to hunt productive spots with good results. A few of these have come from my own farm, while most of them came from a campsite on the river. I found some really old pieces there which are displayed in the front of the case on the top shelf. My favorite is the quad that I found at the river sight (it is in the center top), and the banded slate bar weight, (it is right above the quad) which I found on my property. 017.JPG 018.JPG

here is a close up of the bar weight. 001.JPG It's my avatar

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wonderful....I have been blessed with some of rocks pottery also....:icon_thumright: good guy! Wow...that bar weight is pretty!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good in the case! Huntress was kind enough to send me back something as well. I have already put them in a frame. My floor is tile and I didnt waste any time making sure they will stay safe. Thank you very much, rock

Attachments

• SDC10671.JPG
    SDC10671.JPG
    878.9 KB · Views: 65

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting