✅ SOLVED Do you See What I See?

Status
Not open for further replies.

420merry

Greenie
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0147.JPG IMAG0166.JPG IMAG0178.JPG eleguyt.JPG IMAG0121.JPG IMAG0177.JPG IMAG0056.JPG elephdude.JPG IMAG0169.JPG IMAG0163.JPG IMAG0081.JPG Heya guys I am new to the site and would love for you to see my rock. Everyone says I'm nuts and I even find it unbeleivable to think this could be intentional artwork it is so simple yet so detailed. The more you look the more you find, Do you see what I see? How many pics is appropriate to post? I have many trying to capture the mysteries of this rock. elephkiss.JPG IMAG0130.JPG eleph1.JPG That is just a few images, we'll start with that. So? Do ya See what I See? Is this a tool? How many faces and animals do you see?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP

420merry

Greenie
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also if that is writing what kind of light do they use to see it better? my mr. found this rock in missouri but cannot remember where he thought it was just a rock and still does, I KNOW this has to be a special rock, can anyone else see a drawing? i am so excited to share with you all, this is my first time coming out, LOL :hello:

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
I can't get all the pics to download.

And the ones I can, are kinda blurry.

I think it's just natural But it is cool none the less. I also don't have it in my hand to look at it properly. I do see faces in it

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
sometimes its like looking at the clouds you can see most anything if ya look hard enough. I would vote it a natural happenstance. I do see faces too.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure if you stare at anything long enough, things can appear to be anything you want to believe.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I see is a rock with natural weathering that just happens to look like faces if held at the proper angle in the proper lighting. Sorry, not man made and not an artifact. If the Indians wanted to make an Effigy then it would look just like the object. You didn't have to stand on your head and look at from a odd angle to see it.

Bot trying to be harsh. Just trying to educate you on the difference. Google "Indian Effigy Pipes" and see what comes up.

OP
OP

420merry

Greenie
Mar 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats what mr says too, oh well i see what i see, as i said it would be pretty unbeleivable that they would be able to add that detail purposely but the guy in the middle looks so real, i also see two people kissing and the womans face is coming out of a wolfs mouth.you dont have to stand on your head by the way, when it lays normal it looks like an elephant head, that is the way it sits on my shelf. im afraid i have an even better elephant rock that is totaly natural too, found it in pep boys parking lot, lol, i will add a pic of it just for giggles. im afraid i have to agree on the looking at clouds though, seems like every single rock you pick up you can find faces, owls and birds. But not everybody can see what i see, but i did want to make sure this one could be seen by someone other than me and that i just havent totaly imagined it all. i think i have a rock curse. lol. are you sure this is not a tool? the hole that does not go all the way through looks like it could have been ground by a pestle or something? it is discolored there, it is red. can anyone see the drawing or am i imagining that? it cannot be seen with eyes it just showed up in pic.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats what mr says too, oh well i see what i see, as i said it would be pretty unbeleivable that they would be able to add that detail purposely but the guy in the middle looks so real, i also see two people kissing and the womans face is coming out of a wolfs mouth.you dont have to stand on your head by the way, when it lays normal it looks like an elephant head, that is the way it sits on my shelf. im afraid i have an even better elephant rock that is totaly natural too, found it in pep boys parking lot, lol, i will add a pic of it just for giggles. im afraid i have to agree on the looking at clouds though, seems like every single rock you pick up you can find faces, owls and birds. But not everybody can see what i see, but i did want to make sure this one could be seen by someone other than me and that i just havent totaly imagined it all. i think i have a rock curse. lol. are you sure this is not a tool? the hole that does not go all the way through looks like it could have been ground by a pestle or something? it is discolored there, it is red. can anyone see the drawing or am i imagining that? it cannot be seen with eyes it just showed up in pic.
The "stand on your head" statement was a figure of speech and I apologize if it came across the wrong way. I can see some of things you pointed out. The thing is you can pick up just about any rock of that type and if you turn it enough and look closely enough you can and will see what look like faces. It's just like seeing a dog in the clouds. I have several similar out in my rock garden that look like faces and I have them set up so you can see the face. I even have one that looks just like a Teenage Ninja Turtle. lol

They are all natural though, just like yours.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its natural but pretty cool.. can you see the face in my point?

ForumRunner_20140319_185812.png

ForumRunner_20131006_232954-1-enhanced.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow merry, did you note the similarity to the kesil constellation on it?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I've seen websites that insist that these types of rocks are artifacts. I started buying into the whole deal myself. In fact, some of my earlier post are similar to this one. Your attitude is better than mine was. I was often offended by the truth. I came to the realization that when studying artifacts online, one must really be careful about where they gather information. Some websites are full of crap. Use books when possible. Books have sites listed and archeological evidence that backs the author's publication. Websites have no steps that must be undergone before publishing.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Just a thought but I bet the "420" in your name has a bit to do with why you see stuff the rest of us don't.. lol and welcome to the site. Don't let the naysayers get to you. I once ate a whole box of Twinkies because they were laughing at me..

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site, Nice pet rock

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013