curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......finally took a pic. before washing it off...usually forget and clean them, so this is new for me...whoooo :) I guess it's a....? The other thing is a agate.

RSCN6907.JPG RSCN6904.JPG RSCN6903.JPG RSCN6902.JPG

Ok....just incase the first one is a "scrap".....I also found this one & it's worked all around, what would it have been used for please? :)

DSCN6945.JPG DSCN6946.JPG DSCN6947.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I do love obsidian! Do any of them have striations when held up to light? & with the chalcedony try looking at it with a magnifying loop, I found what looks like possible fossils on a piece you sent to me.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a nice variety of scrapers. The last one is a flake tool it looks allot like this one I found last yr. I found a whole set of them in one spot on a hill side. Nice keepers Kat.

Attachments

• 100_3034.JPG
    100_3034.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear....yes some do have "stripes", and maybe you can take a pic of the possible "fossil", would be interesting to see if possible? If not, maybe describe it? :)

rock....thanks and nice scraper you have there. And "wow" on finding a whole set together....if you have a pic you can post it here!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Kat my camera isn't good enough to take the shot. It looks like a chrinoid stem section. It could be it is a natural hole caused by the way the rock is formed, but I think it looked more like fossil. So grab your magnifying glass & go through your pieces. anything is possible. Will ask friend if he can take a pic with his camera. It's much better than mine.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...thanks outlaw...yah desert rose is pretty...so desert rose is part of "agate"? OK mamabear...I'll check mine to, exciting to think "maybe" right?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice title...
Nice material and scrapers also.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...thank you Harry for that! But I think both you & outlaw are right! While the picture you posted is a "desert rose", there is also a "desert chalcedony rose".....here's a picture with a couple of my pretty pink ones.... DSCN5505.JPG :)

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i think outlaw was reffering to the one bottom left in the first picture, i was going to say the same thing ''looks like desert rose but wrong color'' desert rose is barite and usually pink or white.

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
nice color in those Kat. Most of the ones I have are more like 1,3,5 in your pic. You had to get pretty deep in the desert to find the good ones in AZ. I have a basket full.
...thank you Harry for that! But I think both you & outlaw are right! While the picture you posted is a "desert rose", there is also a "desert chalcedony rose".....here's a picture with a couple of my pretty pink ones.... View attachment 964047 :)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me check on the site frame for those tools. Now some were damaged and I was hoping they would clear the grass for me this yr but they didnt. I know there are more there.

Attachments

• 100_3089.JPG
    100_3089.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..:o..monster now that's a knife!!! Who's is it? Thanks for sharing it :).......rock, that's a very nice grouping of tools you have there, thanks for posting them here:cat:....and thank you monsterrack :icon_profileleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread