rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing it keeps raining on my days off I have started on my frames trying to get them looking a bit better. I noticed some of the cotton isnt holding them so I am replacing it. I have some gift frames worked in with mine. If anyone has some tips on the cotton or a different material we can use that wont break down so fast Id like to hear what you use. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC10702.JPG
    SDC10702.JPG
    717.5 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC10703.JPG
    SDC10703.JPG
    681.1 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

HeavyFletch

May 18, 2011
Nice frames Rock............. I use a soft foam in my cases. It compress's well and last forever.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
put a piece of cardboard behind the padding and they should tighten up some for you.

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
Or just another layer of cotton or whatever the fluff is.

Very nice. I always use to keep my sites together and I broke down and put all my nice ones together at one point.

Keep them separate, it's the best way

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock, have you ever seen the paddin they use for plates and such for cabinets? It comes in some great colors and it's a lil' sticky. It comes in rolls that are the perfect size for your frames and it's only like a dollar a roll. I use it in my smaller frames and it's great.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Fabric stores sell batting in a roll that is used when making quilts. You may have to use double or triple thickness but it works. You can buy it by the yard.

If you are having trouble keeping your finds from slipping in your frames, use a drop of white Elmers (the cheap kids glue) on them. That helps keep them in place and washes off easy if need be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock, have you ever seen the paddin they use for plates and such for cabinets? It comes in some great colors and it's a lil' sticky. It comes in rolls that are the perfect size for your frames and it's only like a dollar a roll. I use it in my smaller frames and it's great.

Im trying to think what it looks like. Can you post a pic of some of it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions