Should I go back and get this?

sweetmimzim3

May 16, 2011
Webster Co. Missouri
On one of my excursions I came across this boulder. It has a bowl like shape and then toward the back it looks drilled. I didnt have the right equipment to clean it out to see how deep it went. The rock is approx. 2 1/2 feet by 1 1/2 feet and very heavy. If you all think it is something I will go get it...Thanks

Attachments

• bigrock.jpg
    bigrock.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 89
  • bigrock2.jpg
    bigrock2.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 81
  • bigrock3.jpg
    bigrock3.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it would look great in your yard...fill the hole up with soil and plant a daffodil or something! conversation piece to say the least.

OP
OP
S

sweetmimzim3

May 16, 2011
Webster Co. Missouri
I was curious because there was a large quantity of debitage in this area and I did find a couple broken points 20 feet from this rock. The area it is located is on a hill a half mile from the river. A bulldozer came in and created a firebreak and brought up a ton of material (including this boulder). I had to wait till it rained to go back and see what else is there (besides the couple of brokes). It rained the other day, so I'm heading out today to see what I could find. Since you guys think this is a natural rock I shall leave it where it sets..it's way too heavy to bring home if it's just a cool rock. Thanks for your input :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread