1.4 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to be a jerk here, but if you are in this hobby just for a value and grade of your finds then you are in it for the wrong reasons.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nice point the style is fairly regular, nothing that just knocks your socks off. On e-bay or has some call it on here flea-bay you might get $30, but reaper is right.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
A
Sep 18, 2011
This is my first point and am looking to learn to understand what makes them perfect. Simply for my own knowledge on how these should look if they were perfect.

intensecrasher

Apr 6, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Ground-penetrating radar...LOL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a beautiful point! In my area we call this style a Madison and it would date to around 1100 - 200 B.P. These triangle points are from the Mississippian Period in history.

Sorry...you already knew it was a Madison.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice triangle for your first find. Value is in the eyes of the beholder IMO.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a ton of that sort out my way. Your point is very nice- especially considering it's quartz- a trouble-maker when it comes to point-making. Don't worry about value. It goes up. It goes down. Local collectors like regional stuff and pay a little more. Others, who want to build a collection will start with something, maybe, like that. As far as value goes- for insurance reasons, (which makes a lot more sense), your answer is above. Be patient while you bui;ld your collection. As you go along, the collection- as a unit- will be more valuable than the sum of its pieces. Now, go out and find some more!!! Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread