curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....ok, so been thinking "rocks", thanks to rock! And took another look at this volcanic rock I picked up because one of the holes in it looks like it might have been worked on...question is "why"...what would it have been used for..."if" it was used? And the other one is a "light" volcanic rock that has a hole all the way through it....it's not very pretty...so why? :dontknow:
RSCN7982.JPG RSCN7979.JPG RSCN7974.JPG RSCN8097.JPG RSCN8100.JPG .....Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it has been drilled to me also.The placement of the hole out on the end would make me lean in that direction.What it is I'm not sure. Don't know if its functional or an adornment.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The piece with the hoe in the center has been drilled but the one with the hole in the end I'm not sure of. The 1st one could be part of a fire making kit or for a bow drill:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_profileright:...thanks guys...yes, mainejman that small one isn't pretty so why? Maybe a practice piece? It is a soft stone.

monsterrack....I forgot to say that a pencil fits loosely in that hole on the larger rock. I wonder if a "stick" for "whatever" would have been that size? That stone is hard.:)

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Looks like the round rock was a mano turned into fire making tool. Depending on how big the hole in the gold rock is could have been used as a shaft straightener.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jon....a small Mano & fire making tool? nice! That's what monsterrack said to. :) That "gold" rock is pretty small & the hole is tiny, maybe to small for straightener?

ncnurseryman...it's kind of an :tard: ugly pendent...maybe they never got it finished? Maybe it "was" going to be carved into a :fish: or something!? :dontknow:

intensecrasher....yah, probably is.

....thanks for helping on this guys! :)

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat rocks but it looks like everyone has it figured out for you already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread