monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go back by myself and hunt sunday , 4-13-14 018.JPG it was hot and I did find a lot of pottery and I found this one heart breaker 4-13-14 019.JPG No one that I know of has found a concave bottom Paleo point in my area, this one would have been a record . Then I had a log jam to crawl thur and I got a small twig in my eye and pulled it out of my eye with my left hand and with my right hand I found this heart stopper 4-13-14 002.JPG It is said the good Lord keeps a look out for his children and fools and I fall under both of them. I put my hand flat down on top of this snake and all he did is move and my heart went from my chest to my throat in one beat. I wear snake boots but they don't do much good above the knees, I wonder do they make a snake suit. HaHa All I can say is thank the lord, if he had hit me on the arm, the venom would not have killed me, I would have died of heart failure. I let him go his way he didn't hurt me so I didn't hurt him.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats 1 type of snake I havent seen in the creek yet, thank goodness. The copperhead I almost stepped on last month was enough for me for the rest of the yr.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....got chills with that story! So glad that things went as they did monsterrack, what kind of snake was that? Glad you lightened up the story with your "snake suit" comment...had to chuckle at that! Wow....you did find a lot of pottery and that heartbreaker is a beaut! So a "good day" turned to a "great day" on account you weren't a snake snack! Great story :icon_thumleft:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find,and great job not hurting the snake.they really just want to be left alone,

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....got chills with that story! So glad that things went as they did monsterrack, what kind of snake was that? Glad you lightened up the story with your "snake suit" comment...had to chuckle at that! Wow....you did find a lot of pottery and that heartbreaker is a beaut! So a "good day" turned to a "great day" on account you weren't a snake snack! Great story :icon_thumleft:

kat we call that a stump tail water moccasin or a cotton mouth water moccasin. They are short and very mean, I have had to dispatch a large number of them in my life due to the way the snake will tend to come at you and when they open their mouth to strike you can see why they are called cotton mouth. I had bad dreams over that last night and things like that don't bother me that much, but I would rather take on a rattle snake than a cotton mouth any day.

intensecrasher

Apr 6, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Ground-penetrating radar...LOL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds...To bad on the heart breaker, that one would have been nice. I have snakes everywhere from April to September, 4 different kinds of rattlesnakes. I miss hunting in Iowa...NO poisonous snakes!!!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, have heard about water moccasins, but don't know much about them. Very scary monsterrack, so glad you're OK & glad we don't have those here.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Nice paleo base. I have walked up on snakes while hunting. More than one time, simply seeing a snake has ruined my hunt by distracting me. It's impossible to find artifacts when snake paranoia takes my mind. I'm glad he didn't bite you.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a few in FL. The strangest thing was I saw one the size of my forearm floating down the creek/river I was fishing. It turned and looked at me and dove under coming towards me. My line was out still but I didnt care I took off running jumped in my truck and left. They will chase you for no reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread