my dovetail addiction

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
indented dove.jpg indented dove 2.jpg indented dove 1.jpg my other new dove 2.jpg my other new dove.jpg

Upvote 0

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Doves, but I personally would never buy anything with Baker papers.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....those "Dovetail" arrowhead types sure are works of art...I can see why you :love4: them!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Those are some spectacular St Charles pieces! They are faked often, good thing they have been examined. I have several pieces papered by Davis, and I don't doubt his findings that I have seen. For some reason, he is not as highly respected as a few of the others for reasons unknown to me.

Here are a couple Knife River Flint Doves I wish I still had. Sold them before I knew what they were (they weren't supposed to be out this far west). The first two are from N Dakota, and the last one was found in S. Dakota.

DSCN2962.JPG
DSCN2967 - Copy.JPG

they would really go nicely with this one.

DSCN3771.JPG

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
WOW! That last one is awsome. first time I've seen one that nice from the krf material..SWEEET!
Those are some spectacular St Charles pieces! They are faked often, good thing they have been examined. I have several pieces papered by Davis, and I don't doubt his findings that I have seen. For some reason, he is not as highly respected as a few of the others for reasons unknown to me.

Here are a couple Knife River Flint Doves I wish I still had. Sold them before I knew what they were (they weren't supposed to be out this far west). The first two are from N Dakota, and the last one was found in S. Dakota.

View attachment 980886
View attachment 980887

they would really go nicely with this one.

View attachment 980888

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Those are the only 3 I've ever seen made of that material. It's a very rare combo from what I've been told.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread