Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday's Seven Hour Hunt!

Well, It was a long day out on the hunt for a beautiful Monday with the Mrs. We found a lot of different types material in chippings, but we found only three keepers. The first piece that I found was the clear agate piece that appears to have been damaged while in the process of manufacture. The second piece is the broken part of a drill. The last piece was found by the Mrs. I looks similar to an Oxbow but any suggestions are welcome.

Folder # 3 022.JPG

Folder # 3 018.JPG Folder # 3 021.JPG

In the excitement I forgot to get an in-situ of the awl piece.

We also can across this circular rock shelter. If you zoom in on the photo you will notice the red burnt stones where the hearth was.

Folder # 3 019.JPG

Attachments

• Folder # 3 023.JPG
    Folder # 3 023.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one your wife found would of been a great find, love the color of it. I have days I go hunting and dont even find a piece of flint so you did good.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a day well spent,those look like little jewels to me,i like your wife already and do not know her,a wife to go arrowhead hunting with ya,sir you have got it made thanks for sharing

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Rock and Jamey) Thanks! She is a trooper, and looks forward to getting out in her spare time. She was a little disappointed at not finding anything all day, and we were less than 100 feet from the vehicle and she finds the point.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very frame worthy IMO tell her congrats from me.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasure is everywhere,sometimes we just need to slow down and take advantage of it,or find out why it is so.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day. It must be amazing to see that old camp site. It looks like they were there not long ago. That here would be 4' deep. :walk:

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day. It must be amazing to see that old camp site. It looks like they were there not long ago. That here would be 4' deep. :walk:

I am assuming that a lot of overburden has eroded away due to the underlining sandstone base. Other than the camp site, the rest of the terrain in the area is at an angle so water erosion is evident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions