Can someone help me identify these points quickly?

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. If you have an idea of the value please post this as well. My father and I used to hunt arrowheads religiously when I was younger. He recently passed away and left me a collection upwards of 2000 points. I have come upon some hard times and need to sell a few of them. I have chosen these as the ones I'd like to sell. I am trying to identify these in particular as I have gotten so out of touch with arrowheads in the past 10 years, mainly so I don't end up making a bad deal on something that holds an important place with me. I am meeting with a potential buyer in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

arrowheads2.jpg arrowheads.jpg cerem2.jpg ceremonial_piece.jpg special piece.jpg

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will regret it,any other way besides selling them would be better the one with the hole is quite rare

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cool! That banner stone looks like it was drilled out, broken at the first hole, and drilled out a second time. Any one else see what I see? The left hand side curves inward.

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the buyer offering?

OP
OP
F

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He hasn't made an offer yet until he sees it. He likes the Rowan and is talking between 50-70 bucks for it. Says the bannerstone was broken and remade, if it was whole it would be worth ~500, but now probably ~100. That's why I'm asking here, I don't want to sell them at all but have no other option with the situation that has come up. And if I do sell these I definitely do not want to be screwed over.

OP
OP
F

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bingo, it is definitely fluted from a "repair" job they made when it originally broke many moons ago.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
He hasn't made an offer yet until he sees it. He likes the Rowan and is talking between 50-70 bucks for it. Says the bannerstone was broken and remade, if it was whole it would be worth ~500, but now probably ~100. That's why I'm asking here, I don't want to sell them at all but have no other option with the situation that has come up. And if I do sell these I definitely do not want to be screwed over.
I am not a buyer or seller. However, that banner stone has character that is rarely seen. It is not broken in modern day terms. It was anciently broken, and anciently repaired, right? If that's the case, it passes as a complete piece. What I'm trying to say is $100.00 is not enough. It wouldn't be If it were mine, at least. These things value high. Look at westernartifacts web page. $$$

OP
OP
F

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it is a complete piece, anciently broken. Thank you for the info!

intensecrasher

Apr 6, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Ground-penetrating radar...LOL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe someone on here could buy them from you and then sell them back to you for the same price in the future?

OP
OP
F

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone on here could buy them from you and then sell them back to you for the same price in the future?

That would be the most wonderful thing that anyone has done for my family and I in a long time. I would repay with interest.

These were all found in the sandhills of NC, near Linden, NC.

Last edited:

rockheadhunter421

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see two Woodland period, Wills Cove types. I'm not sure if they are the same point or not. One is in the first picture, at the top-left corner and the other is in the last picture, on the bottom. I've bought that type before and I've found one. If I were to purchase that one I would say a $40-50 point. Depending on the overall length and whether it has a complete base, that type can go from $60 up. The one I found, I personally would not sell. You have nice some really nice points to sell. I couldn't buy all of them, but if I wanted one, I'd like to have that Wills Cove point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fjjackso

Greenie
Apr 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cove is only 1 but in two pictures, sorry for the confusion. It is 3.75" long. Pictures below.

cove1a.jpg cove2a.jpg

Attachments

• cove1.jpg
    cove1.jpg
    996.5 KB · Views: 84
  • cove2.jpg
    cove2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
welcome to the tnet fjjackso
you have some nice pieces in that huge collection of yours.....it would be interesting to see more of it

however you must be a charter member to sell on treasurenet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread