old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally found a clovis! The material is red jasper, but there is a small nick near the point.

Folder # 3 005.JPG Folder # 3 006.JPG

Hope you like it, I love it.

Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Wow! You found a sweet Clovis Digger! I've never seen a jasper Clovis! I say banner. You deserve this find, congrats!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations you of all people deserve this find. Look at that material. It could not be any prettier. As far as the nick goes… what nick? Wow!

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
That is an incredible find. I love the material. Tell us the story about finding it.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't get any better than this. Congratulations.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an incredible find. I love the material. Tell us the story about finding it.

I got permission to check out a new area where I knew there was a good chance of finding some leaf fossils and in my hunt I came across a small spring. I found the point just above the spring on top of some mole hills. I am so sorry that I didn't have my camera with me as I was carrying some digging tools for getting the fossils and I just didn't think I would need it.

With fake knee's it is impossible to jump, but I assure you that I did the funky chicken Fetus style.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the nice remarks!

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I got permission to check out a new area where I knew there was a good chance of finding some leaf fossils and in my hunt I came across a small spring. I found the point just above the spring on top of some mole hills. I am so sorry that I didn't have my camera with me as I was carrying some digging tools for getting the fossils and I just didn't think I would need it.

With fake knee's it is impossible to jump, but I assure you that I did the funky chicken Fetus style.

I am happy for you and envious!

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Fantastic find...very colorful and great material. Banner worthy for sure!

Hippy

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought great find a Clovis but then I saw the color of it.........how stunning! Man what a beauty it is, Congrats! I hit the "Banner" on that one.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow I say! more pix...lots of detail, too dam beautiful for just them 2 posted pics. moles dug it up?....you thinking of going back with a spade? If it were me I would sift every square inch of that place. that red is UNREAL!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread