New York artifacts

Itownguy

Jul 14, 2008
Hello this is Joe from Ohio. I have a nephew that lives in New York and he sent me this pic of arrowheads or spear points whatever they are that he said he found in a lake while he was boating and had got out to wade in the water. He said he was in two to three feet of water and saw something black laying on the bottom. When he picked it up it was a perfect artifact. That was a few years ago and since then every time he goes back to that area he looks for more and as you can see he has found a bunch of nice artifacts.

Anyway he sent the picture to me for any info I could give concerning the artifacts. I used to look for artifacts here in southern Ohio but never did know the name or age of the points I found. He asked me what I might know about what he found but I wouldn't know the age , name, etc of the points he found.

Just wondering if any of you New York collecters might identify these points or have found any simular points New York Points.jpg
He said the white paper they are on is 8 1/2 by 11 to identify the size of the points.
Thanks Joe.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice looking ones with some stain on them from the water. Im not from that area hopefully some others will join in for you but they sure are some nice ones. Tell him I said they are great finds and all look to made by the same person or tribe IMO. Except maybe the gray one.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good place to spend the summer!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know if the bases are ground or not? They look like Cresaps but I'm not sure if they are found that far east. They could be a Stemmed Lancelot type which would make them early Archaic. If Cresaps then they are Adena/Early Woodland Points. If he is finding those all in one spot he probably has a Cache washing out. They are all the same type and almost all the same material.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread