Oh so close

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Finally got a decent day.I decided to go to Sebasticook lake and have a little look at a stream outlet.I was really reaching to try to find a place that wasn't snow covered.There was no open water on the lake so swimming was out.I did find a few spots on the bank where there were a few random piles of rocks.I immediately began to find debitage.About 10 minutes into my search I found this partial blade.Both pieces were touching each other.It's length is 6 inches and is 2 inches at it's widest point.Never found anything else.But am definetly going back as there was a lot of bank left to cover.Besides I have one piece left to find.What are the odds???????????????????Jay
100_1239.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Hello noodle,debitage(chips)Sorry for the confusion.Just a term I read somewhere that stuck.Believe me I dont use it much.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Always wanted to go up to that lake, but never did. A fairly large fish weir was still visible when the water was low, but don't know if it is still there. I lived in southern ME for 30 some odd yrs. and never got in to searching for any lithics. I was to busy detecting, gold panning, and gem/mineral hunting.

Good luck completing that point!!

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Hey! I just went back through some older post and found where you talk about the weir. Very neat.

Also, have you been to the old quarry sites around Muskingum lake? I wanted to check that out to, but never did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions