North Carolina Find

N

NcRelicFinder

Newest find here in North Carolina for me. It's a 4.5 inch savannah river. Atleast i did find the other half. If anyone is curious, i didn't find the 2 halves next to each other. I just placed the on the ground like that after i realized i just found the tip about 7 feet away from the back.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/kenny1128/savannahglue2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/kenny1128/savannahwhole.jpg

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!! ;D Hope you find more.

;) RR

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Way to go NcRelicFinder! Good to see our state is still producing ;)

P

pickaway

Wow nice find.You would think that it wouldnt have been broken long being that close & in line.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a friend that went arrow head hunting years ago around asheboro, he found some chips, his girl friend found a axe head........then he saw a spear point sticking out of the ground, he removed it and found another under it, pulled it out....then....he ended up finding about 8 all stacked on top of each other in the same hole............amazing.........much like the ones you posted.......

HH

OP
OP
N

NcRelicFinder

Yeah the amazing thing is that it was an old break. To find both halves of a point that is an old break is a story in itself. I doubt i will ever do that again.

Never hunted in asheboro but i live only 20 minutes from there. Sounds like your friend got ahold of a nice cache! Sweeet! Wish i could find a cache some day! ;D

OP
OP
N

NcRelicFinder

My friend also found a killer heartbreaker at the same place as the point found above. Here's a picture of it. Around 2.5 inches- hardaway dalton

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nice find! That puppy has some nice length to it. That Dalton also is a screamer...I would have whined all of the way home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread