Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
most of the last four days
twiko's son (krovert) came here from his home in wyoming
he helped me turn the weeds over and then some rain came and made for some decent HH'ing

IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0248.jpg

Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt. I love the variety of artifacts you found. I wonder how they made those notches so thin and deep on those small points, I think nowadays they do it with thin metal punch tools. If you hadn't shown a separate photo of the clear point, I don't think I would have even noticed it photographed against the paper towel background. It was almost invisible to my aging eyes. I like the 2nd and 3rd items in the top upper left. 2nd one looks to be a big blade of an interesting quartzite?? material, and the 3rd a nice scraper/blade of a pure grey flint? HH

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely beautiful finds as usual. Thanks for showing.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt. I love the variety of artifacts you found. I wonder how they made those notches so thin and deep on those small points, I think nowadays they do it with thin metal punch tools. If you hadn't shown a separate photo of the clear point, I don't think I would have even noticed it photographed against the paper towel background. It was almost invisible to my aging eyes. I like the 2nd and 3rd items in the top upper left. 2nd one looks to be a big blade of an interesting quartzite?? material, and the 3rd a nice scraper/blade of a pure grey flint? HH

yep that 2nd piece is quartzite and it is a unifacially flaked tool
the 3rd piece is made from some variety of TRSS or TRSW (tongue river silicified sediment or tongue river silicified wood)
we call it chert or gray chert
it is a very commonly used lithic in this area

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey larson!! GORGEOUS POINTS as always!! The clear one is awsome!! CONGRATS!! I see you guys are having some "chilly" weather up in the Dakotas!! Hope your well and thanks for sharing!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep posting them its my s-l-o-w season and I am just doing some catch up around the house till the pick ins get better here. Great finds Sir!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a really nice assortment of finds! :thumbsup: It looks like you have a shaft straightner in the lower left corner of the first photo. And, what is the black colored tubular item in the second photo? Is it a bead?

IMG_0255.jpg

660GRIZZ

May 7, 2012
Wayne, WV
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 400,atpro pinpointer,lesche ground shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome as always ty your pics bring such a variety of artifacts for all of us to view. love the eye candy keep it coming .

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
You have a really nice assortment of finds! :thumbsup: It looks like you have a shaft straightener in the lower left corner of the first photo. And, what is the black colored tubular item in the second photo? Is it a bead?

View attachment 1024115

yep old digger that is an arrow shaft wrench on the lower left and as usual it is broke across one of the holes
i think most of these buffalo shaft wrench tools had two or three holes when they were first made.......it's hard to find one with two unbroken holes
they are almost always broke from use or from a tractor driving over them
quite a few years ago i found about one of the nicest ones ever (with two nice holes).........then a friend asked me how they work......so i was showing him.......and i broke the dang thing...........slap me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread