rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a creek today walked up stream for 3 hours and found 2 pieces of pottery. The stone changed to quartz and shale in the creek. In this area if the creek rock is that type you might as well turn around which I did. If they had flint they wouldn't choose the others. After I got back I went down stream for an hour or so. Then I started to find some flint and worked pieces. It was a nasty rainy day so I decided to just leave. I was hoping for a point but nope not today. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11122.JPG
    SDC11122.JPG
    840.7 KB · Views: 70
  • SDC11123.JPG
    SDC11123.JPG
    703.2 KB · Views: 77
  • SDC11124.JPG
    SDC11124.JPG
    674.9 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC11129.JPG
    SDC11129.JPG
    778 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could do what I did today its pretty cool.. Put a few pottery pieces together and use mirrors to finish the arc so you could see what the whole pot would have looked like.

ForumRunner_20140721_191819.png

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks... Stick with it rock if you play the numbers game you're bound to find the killer.
I use to always wonder why when even if you didn't do any good you would post anyway..... After a while it's nice to see the whole story it makes me actually happier when I see u with a real nice find

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the flake blade was interesting due to it having a hafting stem. It would of been used by a lefty which I also found interesting. The right side is the working edge and its all intact. I sure would of rather of found a point though. The creek got deep so I decided to walk around that spot and there was a bunch of cows in the creek.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice finds and I know what you're saying about slim pickins and rain. It's the same here, one shard and a very small gray flake in a week. Did find a quartz item but it's so beat up who knows what it was. Good luck on your next hunt! You will find something nice soon I'm sure!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice finds and I know what you're saying about slim pickins and rain. It's the same here, one shard and a very small gray flake in a week. Did find a quartz item but it's so beat up who knows what it was. Good luck on your next hunt! You will find something nice soon I'm sure!

NCPeaches and Rock,

I had the same luck with my Sat creek search.......5 pieces of pottery and a Roosevelt dime (my first coin), 1966 dime

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why but in the winter more artifacts seem to be found in my area. There was no foot prints where I was at yesterday so I know nobody had been there for a long time. Allot of thorny vines though. My last 2 hunts there has been darn cows in the creek rite on the best gravel bars! Im not sure if they would run or charge so I just turn around and leave.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks... Stick with it rock if you play the numbers game you're bound to find the killer.
I use to always wonder why when even if you didn't do any good you would post anyway..... After a while it's nice to see the whole story it makes me actually happier when I see u with a real nice find

I agree a real nice find would be nice to see but everything I post is a artifact even if it isn't a "Trophy Find". I was hoping to find something nice for the show coming up so I could win a prize. Maybe next time

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why but in the winter more artifacts seem to be found in my area. There was no foot prints where I was at yesterday so I know nobody had been there for a long time. Allot of thorny vines though. My last 2 hunts there has been darn cows in the creek rite on the best gravel bars! Im not sure if they would run or charge so I just turn around and leave.

I haven't been upstream in a few weeks because of damn snakes and a new yellow jacket nest. My son is burnt out on going and I need him there to watch out for me and maybe defend me lol He also chops those vines for me. Maybe when the jewel weed blooms I can get him interested again, he's wanting to harvest it for his herbal medicine collection. But in the meantime I just know stuff is laying all about and it's driving me crazy!

Be careful of the cows, those guys are unpredictable and clumsy too!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rock, that blade is very nice, I'd would have liked finding that...you did find some good stuff! Even though we've been getting some rain, it's so hot...hard to be out in it for long so haven't really been looking much yet...waiting for some good cloud cover first....I miss looking...:(

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there Peaches winter will be here in no time then you can get out easier and the snakes will go away for a while. The snakes here sit in the bushes that are close to the waters edge. When you get close they jump in. But they are trying to get away not bite (so far). I did find some good beaver sticks. I was walking the creek and it started getting deeper. Before I knew it I was standing rite next to a beavers hole :sadsmiley:. I was sure hoping they didn't have babies or were sleeping. I got the .......out of there in a hurry. Rite after that I found the stone artifacts posted. The small flake is actually a cutting tool also.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread