Sweet points and quartz drill

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the rain is settled in for the day so thought I would share some stuff found by one of my son's friends up the road about 3 miles. His family owns 100 acres there that was the original gold rush in NC and he finds all kinds of things when he's trekking the woods and creek. He even finds civil war things when he gets the metal detector out. The things in the pics he found in a creek there.

WP_20140805_001.jpg WP_20140805_003.jpg WP_20140805_004.jpg

Rock, this is the one I told you about used to toss them in his truck bed and one fell out and flattened his tire lol

Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I really like the top one in your hand, is it something that's been re-sharpened to a nubbin?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds he has. Id walk that creek just to see the rocks in it. Then look for the same type of rocks in your creek and check the area. Certain rocks were treasured more than others for making tools and such. They would camp close to the source of the better rocks in case they needed a rock fast for something.

bdingess

Dec 3, 2012
Southern WV
Detector(s) used
AT PRO,CoinmasterPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Material on the black ones almost looks like Kanawha Black Flint form WV.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee...guess I missed seeing this one to. Wow...those are very nice Peaches...and :laughing7: on the tire thing....(sorry guy who got his tire flat)...but, it is kind of funny.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Material on the black ones almost looks like Kanawha Black Flint form WV.
nice finds!B.D is that black flint material native to VA,I have not seen anything similar that I can recall?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread