1.2 MB · Views: 76
Upvote 0

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes if you give a site a little rest it will produce for you the next time out .

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still have found some Wonderful things rock....Vacations are nice but do end, like a good book...:( My season is best towards fall & winter...to dang hot in summer...:angry4:....:laughing7:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
You think the tillage causes your heart breakers?

I have news for you. Not saying they never cause any, but I'd bet you, you could take the biggest tractor you could find, pull the best ground ripping piece of equipment that you could mount on it, and not put a scratch on any given point sized rock you decided to toss into that field, and you could have all day trying rock.

The natives un-halfted and tossed way more broken stuff than they lost as completed tools on any given camp or village site.

Look at what Larson finds for example, he runs his tillage with the intention of finding good things, and he does!

I will guarantee you, anyone with a site like that would keep the equipment out if it caused the damage you imagine.

Fresh turned dirt is any field hunters dream, run with it, and quit your whining!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like nice finds to me.Finds like that can break this heart any ol time they want!You seem thrilled to be going back to work.:BangHead:

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think the tillage causes your heart breakers?

I have news for you. Not saying they never cause any, but I'd bet you, you could take the biggest tractor you could find, pull the best ground ripping piece of equipment that you could mount on it, and not put a scratch on any given point sized rock you decided to toss into that field, and you could have all day trying rock.

The natives un-halfted and tossed way more broken stuff than they lost as completed tools on any given camp or village site.

Look at what Larson finds for example, he runs his tillage with the intention of finding good things, and he does!

I will guarantee you, anyone with a site like that would keep the equipment out if it caused the damage you imagine.

Fresh turned dirt is any field hunters dream, run with it, and quit your whining!

I know you say this every time something like this is brought up but it's not a hypothesis or theory is very visible when there's a good amount of patina on the piece that the brakes are fresh it's just a fact the machinery breaks...chips..dings..points.
Especially in places there quite a bit larger on a regular basis.
I agree if what you find on average is less than an inch long... That's not the case in a lot of places have you ever hunted an area in the southeast?
You're drawing your conclusions on points that for the most part honestly are very very small compared to a lot of places.
The average. That rock fines is thousands of years old the average ones in my area are archaic there's plenty of patina change in those not speaking about arrowheads a few hundred years old here
I bet you would change your tune if you spent some time in those kinds of places.
When a dense piece of metal strikes a piece of Flint at an angle at high speed it creates the same exact effect as knapping with a copper tipped bopper.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got news for you..... You did real good here recently rock.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes if you give a site a little rest it will produce for you the next time out .

I agree but they aren't going to plant it and are going to let the greenery grow back for the winter, no spraying at all. In a month it will be covered again till next fall. I had to grab everything I saw in a hurry. There is still other fields out there I haven't hunted for a year. They will harvest them around October.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like nice finds to me.Finds like that can break this heart any ol time they want!You seem thrilled to be going back to work.:BangHead:

Thanks for the comment on my finds but no I wasn't excited at all about going back. Id love to get a weekly paycheck and still hunt artifacts every other day. Who wouldn't though, life goes on.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comment on my finds but no I wasn't excited at all about going back. Id love to get a weekly paycheck and still hunt artifacts every other day. Who wouldn't though, life goes on.
Yes it does,gotta take the good with the bad,wouldn't be life any other way!

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vacation boss sorry your goin back to work :(

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vacation boss sorry your goin back to work :(

Back now but I was real happy with my finds for that week. The guy that lets me hunt likes artifacts but never has the time to look (always working) either the fields or his farm. Im going to give him the frame of points I found. Heck he lets me hunt 20 of his fields. I think he will enjoy them as much as I did finding them. I will keep the larger tools.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread