A few little finds and heartbreaker thing....what was it?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't really been doing much hunting because it's been so hot in the sun...but this is what I saved from the horse hooves....

DSCN7457.JPG .....had a little fun with them... FSCN7774.JPG ..eagle or buzzard?

....here's the heartbreaker....was an obsidian....? The break is flat across so it's able to stand on it's own...what do ya think?

FSCN4554.JPG DSCN4344.JPG FSCN4373.JPG

FSCN4559.JPG FSCN4560.JPG FSCN4558.JPG ..thanks!

...and will end with one of the swallowtails that have been visiting the garden... FSCN4460.JPG :)

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shards and blade. We have little butterflies that land on you while you are walking down by the creek I go to. Its okay but if you don't see them and they land on your neck it does startle you sometimes.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! :thumbsup: Looks like one edge of your obsidian piece has been worked more than the other. I would say it's a knife and a nice one at that. :icon_thumright: on the butterfly!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock...I think the butterflies like you, must be sweet.;) Are they the little yellow or lavender ones?

old digger....you guys say it's a blade/knife....I guess they're the same? I wonder how it broke so perfectly straight like that on one whole side?

....thanks for the help you guys....and hope you do that "post" :wink: old digger!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The butterflies are usually brown not real colorful but kinda neat when there is more than 1 flying around ya.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those little butterflies sound nice rock...guess they were giving you "butterfly :-* kisses", like in the song.:D

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All those little butterflies sound nice rock...guess they were giving you "butterfly :-* kisses", like in the song.:D

Lol Butter fly kisses :laughing7: I vote eagle with your sherds. Those little creek butterflies the yellow, brown and blue ones like the salt on your skin. Let them land on you and watch them.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful shards and the obsidian is so cool! Love the butterfly! I saw rock's post about them landing on him and actually today one landed on me and it made me drop all my stuff because I thought it was one of the stinging critters that's been loving the creek too! i.e. hornets and honey bees. There are some Joe Pye weeds on the other side of the creek that are blooming and all the butterflies love them...I took a few pics and here's one 100_7919.JPG There's some pretty red wildflowers on the banks of the creek that a hummingbird visits but it's too fast to get a pic of. Anyway, I'm glad to see you back on here, been wondering where you were...missed you!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tn.... I just saw some of those really small butterflies today...didn't know they liked salt, will have to try it & let'em taste me with their little bug lips. :laughing7:

Gold Maven...thanks, and a "base". :)

monsterrack....wow, if it's a base to a point, it must have been a larger one...dang! To bad it's not whole...thank you:thumbsup:

Peaches....such a pretty picture, thanks for posting it! Yeah, some of the butterflies were hitting me with their wings to, neat feeling...if you know it's "them" & not the "other" ones, like you said! Thanks for the welcome back...just been posting critters on the "snap shot" page until it's not to hot to hunt. Here's a picture for you....

FSCN6529.JPG .....she was having lunch in the flower garden. ;)

Thank you painter.:)

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them brown butterflies must be attracted to sun screen cause they were on me again today. I put sun screen on them spray cutter on top of it. But it didn't stop them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions