In-situs from this summer

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Took the boy down to the creek yesterday only to find our favorite gravel bars covered by leaves. Tried to get a pic to let you good folks share in our misery, but the camera batteries were dead, kinda fitting for the moment. We managed to have a blast anyways. Thought we'd share a few in-situs from the last few months. Didn't get an insitu of the last piece, but I thought it was worth another look. Hope you enjoy, H.H.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Upvote 0

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. Is that a cache washing out? Bet that got your heart racing. I'd still be there scratching around.

OP
OP
theviking

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures. Is that a cache washing out? Bet that got your heart racing. I'd still be there scratching around.

Thanks folks. Yes, SCrocks, I found all three preforms within a few feet washing out of one of our trails. The first big one was right in the middle of the trail, I cant believe it didn't get broken. Thanks again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some nice ones, congrats and thanks for the pics.
Im bad about leaving the camera card at home. Taking pics all day long and go to upload them and the darn card is sitting on the desk top. Now that sucks

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice stuff.What is that big piece in the last pic a hoe?I wish we had creeks like that around here.The Blue ridge mountains are some nice country side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theviking

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
very nice stuff.What is that big piece in the last pic a hoe?I wish we had creeks like that around here.The Blue ridge mountains are some nice country side.

Thanks. I think the big Rhyolite piece is a preform, one side looks like it may have been sharpened for use as a knife or scraper. The piece below is a hoe, I think, made with slate. Note the light polish on the bit end. It was found by a good friends grandpa just on the other side of the river.

99962d1341960289-slate-axe-dsc_8636-800x532-.jpg

99963d1341960315-slate-axe-dsc_8637-800x532-.jpg

99965d1341960374-slate-axe-dsc_8639-800x532-.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread