WV creek finds

reuellis

Jul 25, 2014
Abandoned Teays River Valley, WV
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Newbie/rookie here that wanted to share a small assortment of finds from WV. All finds from the same creek and within a 50 yard stretch. The creek is located in the abandoned Teays River Valley and consists of big chunks of Kanawha Flint, river stones made up of various sedimentary stones, and local sandstones. Creek is rather small (bank to bank around 8') and the deepest hole I have been in is maybe 3' deep. I've found loads of tools and some points. I have attached a picture of some of my favorites. Sorry about the quality. Please share any thoughts/opinions etc... I would like to find out approximate age.

artifact1.jpg

Upvote 0

bdingess

Dec 3, 2012
Southern WV
Detector(s) used
AT PRO,CoinmasterPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Logan county and I just started creek walking. I have found kanawha black points here. Looks like some are Big Sandy points but I dont know the age. I have read that Kanawha Black was used for thousands of years in WV. Look for the high ground around the creek where you found those, must have been a camp site. You could find much more with a little research and a screen sifter. Also look for rock overhangs they would have used for shelter. Good luck.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site reuellis Looks like a hot spot to me. I find the black flint here in north GA in the creeks I hunt. You have found some nice artifacts.

660GRIZZ

May 7, 2012
Wayne, WV
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 400,atpro pinpointer,lesche ground shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds reuellis and ty for sharing always looking for wv finds keep posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread