DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds rock!Sure got some nice color in some of the chert down there.I like those points.I would guess Archaic?The large piece top right found in the creek,is it a knife or lance head?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds rock!Sure got some nice color in some of the chert down there.I like those points.I would guess Archaic?The large piece top right found in the creek,is it a knife or lance head?

1st the creek the blade is missing the base and tip would of been huge for sure.
2nd field I believe it is a knife but Archaic period. I say knife due to the notch on the one side of the blade. Archaic knifes have them around here like that almost like a spokeshave.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds rock.
I love that little stemmer I would probably call that a Putnam if I found it here.. You might have those there also.
That heartbreaker would have been real nice it looks like a Maples to me.. They are normally large ... What do you think?

Maplessh.jpeg

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to say Pickwick/Ledbetter but he is not in the right area. Nice hunt rock. You are really starting to get into and learn your sites. Makes them come alive for sure.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: It's a shame on that ''heartbreaker'' point. Nice finds!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds rock.
I love that little stemmer I would probably call that a Putnam if I found it here.. You might have those there also.
That heartbreaker would have been real nice it looks like a Maples to me.. They are normally large ... What do you think?

View attachment 1044091

Could be on the broken one just not enough to tell. Its quartzite is all I know. There is a piece of quartz in that pic it isn't a artifact but when wet its clear as crystal. Found in the same area as the broken point. Also there is another quartzite knife they were working on but threw away due to a crack while making it. Interesting pieces to me anyway.(first photo) 2nd photo except of the point and a scraper most other pieces are debitage scrapes. All was found in the quarry site. Looks like they were making them and lost one before leaving. I had fun and the point is almost perfect tiny stem damage at the base.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quarry sites are usually a little confusing when it comes to trying to figure out exactly what's what because so many things are in different stages of completion

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point from the quarry site has serrated edges. I don't find many like that. Still sharp to. I was wondering on what you thought about possible
Elora Serrated on that one GB?
This pic Im putting up might be like or the same type. The base of the broken one cause it does have a notch rite where it broke at. What ya think?

Attachments

• SDC11340.JPG
    SDC11340.JPG
    869.4 KB · Views: 65

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you need to go find a whole one... ;-)

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you need to go find a whole one... ;-)

Wouldn't that be nice. The quartzite ones like those seem to always be broken in the creeks.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point from the quarry site has serrated edges. I don't find many like that. Still sharp to. I was wondering on what you thought about possible
Elora Serrated on that one GB?
This pic Im putting up might be like or the same type. The base of the broken one cause it does have a notch rite where it broke at. What ya think?
I would like to find any piece like one of those two, exspecially that quarts piece!Nice stuff man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to find any piece like one of those two, exspecially that quarts piece!Nice stuff man.

The big broken pieces I still put in a frame. Never know hopefully the other halves might show up.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Rock!

Thanks the field finds was from a new field I have never walked before. I still have allot more of it to walk yet. I just walked the high points of the field. Its always good to walk the low sections also due to the years of rain that can actually wash the points to the low parts of the field. It was so hot I couldn't walk the whole thing. TY for the interest, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread