Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually buy points, although when people find out that I have an interest in them, they often give them to me, but I had to pick these up a while back....I'm no expert, but I have enough legit ones, and have handled enough fake ones from gift shops, that I can usually tell the difference. I even found one of the fakes....on the ground in St. Augustine, but it was an obvious cheapo reapro...and it was right outside a gift shop that sells them.

These look good to me (one...maybe two are a little questionable), but I would like you guys' opinion....They mostly look like coral Florida points, and most appear to have some genuine age to them.

I don't want to go into the details yet...just opinions (as far as is possible without holding them in your hands) on their appearance.

Thanks!

Artifacts 038.JPG

Artifacts 039.JPG

Artifacts 040.JPG

Artifacts 041.JPG

Artifacts 042.JPG

Artifacts 043.JPG

Artifacts 044.JPG

Artifacts 045.JPG

Artifacts 046.JPG

Artifacts 047.JPG

Artifacts 048.JPG

Artifacts 049.JPG

Artifacts 050.JPG

Artifacts 051.JPG

Artifacts 052.JPG

Artifacts 053.JPG

Artifacts 054.JPG

Artifacts 055.JPG

Artifacts 056.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jon Phillips

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a good loop some have lights on them but if you use it in natural light its not needed. Look at some you have found personally look for the mineral deposits on yours. Tiny brown spots only seen with a loop or scope. Then compare it to the ones you bought. I always carry my loop before I buy any. If no mineral deposits are present on the pieces I don't buy. I have found some in the creek that show what looks to be fresh scares but they still have mineral deposits on them. Im thinking the fresh scares are from tumble. You cant see the mineral deposits sitting on a comp. By using the loop then you will know and they don't cost much. rock

OP
OP
Jon Phillips

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a good loop some have lights on them but if you use it in natural light its not needed. Look at some you have found personally look for the mineral deposits on yours. Tiny brown spots only seen with a loop or scope. Then compare it to the ones you bought. I always carry my loop before I buy any. If no mineral deposits are present on the pieces I don't buy. I have found some in the creek that show what looks to be fresh scares but they still have mineral deposits on them. Im thinking the fresh scares are from tumble. You cant see the mineral deposits sitting on a comp. By using the loop then you will know and they don't cost much. rock

Thanks!

We've got a few loops around here somewhere....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread