rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was on vacation I found a good frame of points from a corn field. I gave the frame to the owner and his son. They told me how nice it was for me to do it. They collect and every once in a while find a few while tending to the fields. I looked at some they had. They had one that was a Bolen and was very nice. After I told them about theirs and the ones I gave them they then told me I could walk another field in a couple of weeks after harvest. Im starting to get a few more fields to walk now. I looked at the field through Google Earth and it looks to have some good areas and hopefully there will be a killer waiting for me. It pays to be nice, rock
Here is the frame I gave them.

Attachments

• SDC11303.JPG
    SDC11303.JPG
    821.7 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good tips on this post. I like the sourwood honey from up in the Ga. mountains. It's not as good this year as the last production from 2012 and 2013 was a total loss for our local beekeeper. The heavy rains hit just when the blooms were ready for the bees. I was interested in the hobby of beekeeping, but since I injured my back in 1996 those boxes of frames are too heavy for me. This guy I met waiting for my car at the local garage breeds the queens for sale and told me they would weigh about 75 lbs when full of honey. I was talking to the local guy we get our honey from and asked him if the bears eat a lot of his honey and he told me the bears are after the bee larvae for protein and mostly the young bears might eat some honey. Learn something everyday. I believe he has electric fencing around his hives and keeps about 500 to 1000 hives in the mountains.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread