Small but special labor day creek find

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first spotted this I thought "shark's tooth", but that's impossible. The find is special because it is the first point I've ever found in the creek by shoveling gravel/sand bars into a floating 1/2" screen I made. (I've found a total of 11 in the creek this year by just walking and looking.) It was about the 3rd shovel. I'm lucky the screen caught it. I quit searching about 125 shovel searches later w/o finding anything else. But any find makes a good day.

Attachments

• DSCN0259.JPG
    DSCN0259.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0260.JPG
    DSCN0260.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little Mississippian point IMO. They didn't go through to much trouble when needing a point to often. Quick and simple

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always like finding the small triangles. One field I hunt has a good many in it. Hoping the farmer doesn't plant it this winter after they harvest the cotton or it will be another year or longer before I can hunt it again. Nice find!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always like finding the small triangles. One field I hunt has a good many in it. Hoping the farmer doesn't plant it this winter after they harvest the cotton or it will be another year or longer before I can hunt it again. Nice find!

Got to hate that Winter Wheat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions