larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think i better learn how to spell......either that or pay attention better.......the thread should read "United Tribes (not Yribes).....

United Tribes Technical Center (UTECH) is a native american college here.......my sister in law Cindy Decoteau works there........Decoteau is the french Chippewa (Ojibwe) spelling for "Dakota"

right here south of my house in bismarck ND......i know this not about artifacts but i thought tnetters might enjoy these images i took yesterday

IMG_0516.jpg here is one of the best sounding Pow Wow drums i have heard......enormous

IMG_0521.jpg youth dancer and a mens free style dancer

IMG_0525.jpg an elks tooth dress

IMG_0536.jpg Miss Indian Nation 2013-2014......Alex Alvarez from the Shoshone'-Bannock Nation in Idaho IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg Mother and Daughter wearing their jingle dresses waiting for the dance contests to begin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photos and post Steve. I got to visit my first Pow Wow last November in Richmond, VA when there just happened to be one occurring on the same weekend and site as a Civiil War relic show we were setting up at. I found it all extremely interesting. I got to try some new foods I had never experienced before, and my wife had to tend our booth for hours while I was enjoying the Pow Wow festivities.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photos and post Steve. I got to visit my first Pow Wow last November in Richmond, VA when there just happened to be one occurring on the same weekend and site as a Civiil War relic show we were setting up at. I found it all extremely interesting. I got to try some new foods I had never experienced before, and my wife had to tend our booth for hours while I was enjoying the Pow Wow festivities.

thank you red

i go to this one every year and yes the food is great they have free buffalo roast, ND fresh roasted corn in the shell, and home made indian fry bread meal every day

last night we took home some killer indian tacos from one of many food vendors.....they are so big it takes two people to eat one.....the best ones come from vendors from the Rosebud Sioux Nation in SE South Dakota

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing I did was look to see what letter was next to the Y on the keyboard, lol. Sorry I had to tease you on that one. Nice pics sir

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fun day. How fun to have that near your home. I would have enjoyed sampling the foods!

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
That looks like it would be worth the time and travel to attend.

Is it a two or three day event?

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great event with all the culture and food. They have an Indian festival at the parks of Chehaw in Albany, Ga every year, but something always seems to come up everytime I make plans to attend.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey larson!! Thanks for the Pics!! WOW!! Really Nice!! Hope you're well up in the north country!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Pow Wow's are fun to attend, and the costumes can be Very colorful. :thumbsup:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
must have been a hellava 49 too!!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed seeing this....Beautiful pictures and wonderful Pow Wow Larson, thanks for sharing it with us :icon_thumleft:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool !!! I do the same think when typing lol thanks for sharing :)

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your pics Steve, always like seeing the fancy dancers.
MMMMmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmmm...good! Indian Fry Bread, a favorite!!!!

Got a good recipe for this Steve?

lots of recipes around here actually

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You could skip every other word, then misspell the rest and still be appreciated. Great pics and people.Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread